U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-14-2008, 12:03 PM

14 posts, read 67,061 times
Default Utility Bills in the Winters??

Hello Milwaukeans!!

We are considering a relocation to Mke from the south, and one concern I have is the heating bills in the winter months (which I've heard is 6-7 months out of the year). Our electricity bill here inthe south is rarely above $50-60. It would be great to get an idea of what the electricity bills run upto (on average) in the winter months in Mke? Say for a 3000 sq. ft house for instance? We tend to feel extra cold than most, and I just hope the bill's not going to be in the hundreds!!

I tried doing a search on this forum on this topic but couldn't find anything. Thank you in advance for your feedback!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2008, 09:26 PM

415 posts, read 760,193 times
Hello, I can't believe you are leaving the heat for Wisconsin frigid, ice cold winter. My parent have a small ranch which is very well insulated and there heating bill is close to around 250 a month. My sister has a duplex and hers is around 300 dollars a month. Be prepared to pay hundreds of dollars in utility bills every month. Sorry to sound bleak, but are winters are brutal.

Old 10-15-2008, 08:20 AM

99 posts, read 231,365 times
Your heating and cooling will go up.

Here is the WeEnergies link. Look around- they have many tools to calculate approx what heating will cost.

We Energies Home

Old 10-17-2008, 12:31 PM

603 posts, read 1,388,881 times
Wow, no wonder my husband wants to move south. Our heating bill in our 1200 square foot cape cod sometimes run as high as the $400 range. And we keep the heat at 67 or 68 degrees. I love Milwaukee but it is soooo cold here!! You'll probably save on air conditioning in the summer, though. We only had ours on a couple times last summer.

Old 10-17-2008, 01:53 PM

115 posts, read 509,915 times
Wow $400 per month? I have a 2100 sq ft two story and only in January do I ever top $200 in natural gas bills with the thermostat set to 70. The previous 12 month average for natural gas and electric combined is about $175.

Old 10-20-2008, 06:31 AM

603 posts, read 1,388,881 times
My husband laughed when I asked him to clarify our We energies bill. I guess close to $200 would be the highest our bill gets. Sorry I was a little off with my estimate-I just remember it always seems so high and the highest ones come right after the holiday expenses! I do think our house isn't as insulated as some. It's pretty old and could use a new roof and new siding.

Old 10-20-2008, 10:14 AM

14 posts, read 67,061 times
Thank you for your replies! In the peak of summer our bill has known to cross the $100 mark, but thats only for a month of two, rest of the time its pretty constant. I guess it will depend on how big and well insulated the house would be in Wisconsin!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
View detailed profiles of: