Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 05:24 PM

4,229 posts, read 17,582,192 times

Advertisements

In Pewaukee folks drive Lexus's.
In Delafield folks drive Infiniti's.

Just a little humor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2009, 05:40 PM

396 posts, read 1,695,963 times
The have's and the have's more

Old 01-20-2009, 08:39 AM

2,987 posts, read 5,238,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestAir View Post
No difference, both are just white-flight-created suburbs, made of mostly Milwaukee expatriates.
Wow, I never thought of this, although I can't verify if this is true. We moved to New Berlin when I was in first grade from out of state, so did nearly every neighbor I had growing up, except the family across the street. I am sure there are lots of people that moved from MKE to these areas, I just can't think of many, although I guess this could have happened a long time ago. I live just north of Pewaukee now (Sussex), after a decade in other parts of the country, and I don't think I know anyone in my neighborhood that is originally from Milwaukee, although the Middle Eastern couple across the street came last from MKE. Going around my immediate neighbors from where people grew up: Chicago (3 families), Iowa, Waukesha County (5 families), Middle East (3 families), Northern WI (3 families), Pennsylvannia (2 different families), Fox Cities...although my neighborhood is made up of mostly families with 30-40 year old parents.

We originally moved to New Berlin because my Dad wanted a new house on a big lot more than 30 years ago, but I never really sampled the reasoning of my other neighbors.

Old 01-20-2009, 08:24 PM

4 posts, read 17,557 times
Thanks for all your help! My husband found particular humor in the car comment. That is speaking his language

Old 04-20-2009, 08:25 AM

1 posts, read 3,502 times
Default Delafield issues

Delafield has serious issues in city hall and high taxes. They pushed through their planned 12 million dollar city center after residents voted it down twice using scare tactics and lies. 6000 residents to foot the bill for 12 million? I'll be moving long before it's completed.

Someone explain to me why we need 43 fire fighter / EMT's for such a small community?

Avoid Delafield. If you choose Pewaukee stay clear of the WCTC / Morris St. area and you'll be good.

Old 04-21-2009, 09:04 AM

4,359 posts, read 6,513,991 times
Yeah, avoid Morris St and Pewaukee is more than a nice place to live. Taxes are not going to be as high as Delafield, but then not much is. Pewaukee Village and City are in the process of a merger which would help out very much. Way over due. There are plenty of places in Pewaukee that are affordable even some with Lake views. Pewaukee Lake is very nice even when frozen in Winter.

Delafield has plenty to offer also but has nothing over Pewaukee really. Compare all you want, you'll get more bang for your buck in Pewaukee. School system is very good there too.

Old 04-22-2009, 11:49 AM

158 posts, read 484,777 times
If you are looking at school districts, Delafield wins. KM to the south, Arrowhead to the north. Both very fine highly ranked districts. Arrowhead is really wealthy though, KM is more middle class, so if you can't afford tons of extras, KM might be the better choice. Wales is a great little village!

Old 04-22-2009, 02:45 PM

2 posts, read 6,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving.mama View Post
I will be relocating with my husband and young child to the area in May. In my research I have heard lots of good things about Pewaukee and Delafield. Many people have also said these two cities have different "feels."

What are some of the differences between Pewaukee and Delafield?
Delafield is bigger and a very nice area to live. Delafield is on the West Side of Pewaukee lake. Pewaukee is on the East side of Pewaukee Lake.The town of Pewaukee is very small. It is called Lake County, because of the many lakes in about a 25 mile area. I live in the city of Waukesha which is very close to Pewaukee.

Old 07-22-2009, 03:19 PM

3 posts, read 7,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post
Yeah, avoid Morris St and Pewaukee is more than a nice place to live. Taxes are not going to be as high as Delafield, but then not much is. Pewaukee Village and City are in the process of a merger which would help out very much. Way over due. There are plenty of places in Pewaukee that are affordable even some with Lake views. Pewaukee Lake is very nice even when frozen in Winter.

Delafield has plenty to offer also but has nothing over Pewaukee really. Compare all you want, you'll get more bang for your buck in Pewaukee. School system is very good there too.
I grew up in Town of Lisbon, which is just a bit north of Sussex. After school I moved to Delafield and lived there for about 3.5 years. I LOVED it. I found great, affordable (cheap!) housing right downtown, and it is so close to the freeway it's hard to beat. So many lakes, beautiful areas, and GREAT parks. Within a 10-minute drive there is Nagawaukee, Lapham (my favorite), Nashotah, and various other community parks. My favorite thing was that I could run about a half mile from my apartment (which is way bigger than mine currently), and be basically in the country, by myself. It's just gorgeous. I miss my cycling routes, and with all the great country roads there is access to everywhere without seeing hardly any cars. My neighbors were wonderful, and I like the fact that I could just walk down the block to Wells St. or the grocery store. The surprising thing was actually meeting a bunch of people my age (I'm 25). Pewaukee is more populated, being totally developed (still), and the lake is very, very busy. I had quite a few friends who lived in Pewaukee, in various parts, and really don't think it even compares to the actual Town of Delafield. At all. School systems maybe, but otherwise no. It is much better than where I am living now!! If i wouldn't have taken such a great job in a totally dying area (South Bend, moved to Niles, MI) I would definitely stay in Delafield for the rest of my life!!

Old 12-18-2017, 03:21 AM

4 posts, read 5,201 times
Totally. Delafield has 3 places and pewaukee has 3.5 if yuou count the mobile gas station sandwiches
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee