Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 11:53 PM
Jev

64 posts, read 253,328 times

Advertisements

Racism is a two-way street. I am white and I have experienced racism firsthand in Milwaukee, from standing at bus stops on Capitol Drive to getting on a half full bus with most of the black riders not willing to let me share a seat. I don't know about your experience in West Bend. Maybe you have some legitimate complaints. My question though, is why is Milwaukee so racist?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2009, 01:28 PM

21 posts, read 56,143 times
Can't we close this already? I just don't see any good coming from this thread. Pointing fingers over "who is more racist" either by race or by city is stupid.

Old 04-13-2010, 01:36 AM

3 posts, read 6,629 times
Dumb Hicks, who don't even know math, how stupid can you hicks be.

Old 04-13-2010, 01:39 AM

3 posts, read 6,629 times
I don't know, maybe they're still angry that you guys put their ancestors in slavery, and still supress them. What do you expect? Haven't you heard old feelings die hard.

Old 04-16-2010, 09:26 PM

21 posts, read 50,191 times
This is very coincidental that this got brought up again

I am a white 17yr old that lives in West Bend and my girlfriend happens to be black
Today she came out of 6th hour crying because people made racist remarks and told her to go back to Africa.
It is obviously not everyone in west bend that is racist, but those that are flaunt it with pride which I personally find disgusting.
To have to comfort her because of other people's pure stupidity is ridiculous. This shouldn't happen.

Old 04-17-2010, 03:44 PM

180 posts, read 660,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jev View Post
Racism is a two-way street. I am white and I have experienced racism firsthand in Milwaukee, from standing at bus stops on Capitol Drive to getting on a half full bus with most of the black riders not willing to let me share a seat. I don't know about your experience in West Bend. Maybe you have some legitimate complaints. My question though, is why is Milwaukee so racist?
Hmmm... I'm white, from Milwaukee, ride the bus reguarly and spent a good chunk of my formative years off Capitol Drive and I've never had that problem. Could it be that you were too paranoid to want to sit next to someone?

Old 07-18-2010, 04:08 PM

1 posts, read 2,405 times
I live in West Bend. I have lived all over the country, including Milwaukee and surrounding areas. West Bend is no more racist than any other city in the area. There are good people up here, and bad. Just like Milwaukee. Your generalized statement is inflamatory, and simply ignorant.

Old 07-18-2010, 05:03 PM

402 posts, read 971,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solas View Post
Hmmm... I'm white, from Milwaukee, ride the bus reguarly and spent a good chunk of my formative years off Capitol Drive and I've never had that problem. Could it be that you were too paranoid to want to sit next to someone?
I lived on Capitol Drive at 57th from 1977 to 1982 and walked to Fond Du Lac to catch the 23 bus going downtown each morning and reverse each night. Never had a problem sitting with anyone except on occasion an obnoxious student which you can get anywhere. Most of the time the student would let me slide in and they stayed on the end of the seat.

Old 09-30-2010, 02:47 PM

1 posts, read 2,278 times
I've lived in West Bend for 20 years and have never seen any. I know of what I speak. I grew up in the segregated south. If I was black I would choose West Bend over Milwaukee.

Old 10-16-2010, 10:46 AM

15,932 posts, read 12,194,660 times
it's not blacks I don't like, it's the ghetto way that people carry or present themselves that I detest, and I'm not afraid to admit it. Whether the person is black or white, if they dress in baggy pants that hang down to their knees, and walk in that traditional 'ghetto' fashion and try to be 'all that' I'm going to give them a look. These people in general tend to commit more crime and be more violent, this cultural trait tends to result in a more aggressive behavior because they think it's manly to 'prove themselves' to you and they seem to be less hesitant to result to extreme violence as retribution for their perceived injustice. They also tend to spray graffiti everywhere and deal with hard drugs.

Whether a black or white person does it, I don't want it in my town. There's a big difference between black people, and people who have 'ghetto' cultural traits, (wiggers) as they are known by if they are white. I saw 2 'wiggers' yesterday in the town which I live, they must be the only two in the entire town. It's certainly rare to see that here. The cops here do take care of anyone doing that graffiti stuff in short order. It's simply not tolerated here, period.

I maintain that different cultures do not mix all that well. Not so much about skin color, though different races tend to have different cultural traits, doesn't mean everyone acts like that. Cultures tend to like to stick with their own. Not races. Cultures.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee