Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2009, 07:46 AM

8 posts, read 26,573 times

Advertisements

Simpy say "I am not interested" if you are not. Have some class and do not curse them out. They are simply doing their jobs. Bill Clinton passed an act that allows HS students, recent grads, and college kids to be put on a list to be made available to recruiters. For those who feell they are standing up to the war, doing their part to Bush bash, or just feel cool for cursing out a soldier, you are doing nothing but making yourself look like idiots. You are not hurting their feelings or ticking them off, they simply hang up and call the next person on the list. Also some snooty people like to huff "My kid is going to college, we have MONEY!" Many kids who are in college could benefit from the Reserves. They pay off all their student loans as well as get benefits. Either way I'm not here to sell anything, I just want people to be aware of the fact that even here in liberal land there are people who take pride in being Americans and shake the hand of a soldier when they see them.

It is a sad state of affairs for America when we cannot even show our troops some respect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2009, 08:38 AM

1,105 posts, read 2,304,813 times
The big question is there going to be a draft? I get the feeling that it would be highly unpopular to try to draft 18-20 year olds(or around that age) and someone posted on an internet site that that is one reason that there hasn't been a draft yet--they don't want to face up to the resistance that they are going to get. I don't know if that is true but it seems possible. Also, I don't blame anyone for not wanting to go in the military. 18 is too young to die especially when the reason for the sacrifice is spurious to say the least. Another question is there going to be a big war coming in the near future? Every country in the world is armed to the teeth and it is usually around tough economic times that big wars happen. I have some trepidations about the future.

Old 03-31-2009, 11:47 AM

104 posts, read 416,387 times
Perhaps some of the people who curse them out have been called multiple times, even after saying Not Interested. I know we were called 4-5 times AFTER we said not interested and asked to be removed from the list.

Are you a recruiter? Or know one? Just wondering what brought this about...

Last edited by Eshea; 03-31-2009 at 11:57 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee