U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 07:14 PM

181 posts, read 442,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedjat View Post
HILARIOUS!! And so misguided...
Obviously You have never lived anywhere else, eh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2010, 07:18 PM

5,136 posts, read 6,349,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by benice66 View Post
There are too many people in Wis, who think their poop doesn't stink. They should get over themselves.
Quote:
I was right on everything
What was that about poop not stinking? Perhaps you should follow your own suggestion and get over yourself.

Old 02-19-2010, 11:47 AM

1,773 posts, read 376,984 times
Quote:
Obviously You have never lived anywhere else, eh?
LOL, this thread is a big huge fail. Nice job derailing it.

Old 02-19-2010, 07:27 PM

Again, Obviously you have never lived anywhere else!!!!!!!!

Old 02-19-2010, 11:35 PM

1,773 posts, read 376,984 times
Quote:
Again, Obviously you have never lived anywhere else!!!!!!!!
Are you going to get back to the topic or are you going to stomp your feet about how much wisconsin sucks? Right now you're sounding like a 3rd grader & frankly, I have no time for that. If you're going to grow up, then get back to us. Otherwise, move along.

Old 02-20-2010, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedjat View Post
Are you going to get back to the topic or are you going to stomp your feet about how much wisconsin sucks? Right now you're sounding like a 3rd grader & frankly, I have no time for that. If you're going to grow up, then get back to us. Otherwise, move along.
Oh, wow Mr. Nazi. Can't answer me, can you, LOL. bye bye.

Old 03-05-2010, 01:16 AM

19 posts, read 57,042 times
There's nothing wrong with open access to court records, but The Freedom Of Information Act never intended for everything to be thrown together from every County onto one Internet database. The original purpose was for people to have to actually go to the respective courthouse and get the records. The issue here is that there is a fine line between there being freedom of info./open access and arbitrary invasion of privacy. People no longer use the right to search for info. for purposefull uses. Instead, they surf CCAP like they're on GOOGLE, or something. The result is that people's lives either get ruined or get stalled because records get misinterpreted or the people reading them are just plain ignorant because they don't understand the legal system. For example, I once dated a girl for 3 years that ended going completely psycho on me when I broke up with her. To try and get back at me she lied and claimed that she dumped me and that kept calling her and was harrasing her. So, as a result she went to the courthouse and wanted to get a restraining order. Now, most people don't realize how easy it is to simply initiate a restraining order trial. All one has to do is go to the clerk and lie well enough by cooking up some ridiculous story and the judge who is there will sign off on it as a temp. restraining order until the hearing to be on the safe side. In the end, I hired an attorney and I won because she had no proof ended up looking stupid, but because of CCAP, I've actually had issues getting dates the last few years. At first, the file just said that the case was closed and didn't signify that I won. Finally, they changed that and added a disclosure statement to reaffirm that I won the case. However, there have been girls that have done these checks that still say to me that they're not comfortable because they wonder why she initiated it to begin with? I can tell them that she was crazy, but they're just going to be ignorant. Hopefully, a Republican wins this fall and this can change.

Old 03-05-2010, 11:52 AM

652 posts, read 849,651 times
Legislating by anecdote creates the worst laws. There is no proof of all the discrimination that is implied.

Prove to me what the intentions of the Freedom of Information Act are, your opinion of those intentions doesn't mean much in an anonymous internet forum.

Old 03-11-2010, 10:20 PM

19 posts, read 57,042 times
Ah... do you know how to read. Look up the Freedom Of Information Act. Then you'll get your answer. What are you, 5 years old. Come on!

Old 03-12-2010, 10:57 AM

652 posts, read 849,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiefoxx1291 View Post
Ah... do you know how to read. Look up the Freedom Of Information Act. Then you'll get your answer. What are you, 5 years old. Come on!
You remind me of another poster that starts calling names as soon as their ideas are challenged...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee