U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-14-2010, 12:46 AM

Location: Lower Eastside - Farwell Ave just south of Brady St
243 posts, read 416,362 times
Default Milwaukee Neighborhoods

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJZ 91 View Post
Yes, that is true for some neighborhoods, Milwaukee City. Especially on the south side. But i have never seen a Rufus KIng or North Division sign for a neighborhood

There may not be signs but I have put the link to a neighborhood map from the City website here. There are actually quite a few I never heard of. North Division and Rufus King are indeed neighborhoods. I learn something everyday. I would also like to apologise for the rudeness of another poster who has resorted for some reason to names calling, that is not in my opinion, typical Milwaukeean.

http://www.ci.mil.wi.us/ImageLibrary/Public/map4.pdf
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2010, 06:44 AM

6,810 posts, read 11,805,934 times
Usually just listening to news casts or newspaper articles they will refer to a neighborhood when talking about the story. Such as " Hit and run reported on Milwaukee's south side in the silver city neighborhood". This is one of the ways I learned about Milwaukee neighborhoods.

Old 03-03-2010, 11:53 AM

4 posts, read 8,257 times
Default Area near Rufus King

Our city suffers even more problems when we continue to have people who constantly put it down due to ethnicity and labels. These very same people will come into the city and suck the resources from it like obtaining jobs, using city highways and streets to provide an income for themselves and then turn around go home to there suburban life and bash the city. They forget if it were not for the city, they would not be able to live where they are today. In so-called suburban areas or non-ghetto parts of the city.

They don't seem to understand when they put down the city, businesses run away instead of imbracing our city. They don't understand the city is your life blood. Keep talking it down and you will feel the effects of it down the road when jobs disappear and you can no longer work Milwaukee. What will happen to your suburban or non-ghetto area homes? There is a saying "Don't bite the hand that feeds you."

A new company from Europe has come to Milwaukee to build passenger trains and will be occupying the old A.O. Smith factory left abandoned on the northside. Lets not scare these people away so that jobs can again return to our factories and this country can start producing products again. I don't know if you've last checked, but America is not producing products anymore and our country is in real trouble because of it.

Stop being selfish, closed minded and judgemental. Your own future may depend on it one day. We are all interconnected in some way and when we continue to break that link by always separating and catergorizing people in Milwaukee, we will all fail.

Everyone cannot afford to live in the best of neighborhoods due to income limitations, but these are neighborhoods filled with ordinary people just as yourself who don't deserve your judgement. Neither does the City of Milwaukee. I bet you have a job here in Milwaukee. Don't You.

Old 03-03-2010, 11:58 AM

6,810 posts, read 11,805,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by salem59 View Post
Our city suffers even more problems when we continue to have people who constantly put it down due to ethnicity and labels. These very same people will come into the city and suck the resources from it like obtaining jobs, using city highways and streets to provide an income for themselves and then turn around go home to there suburban life and bash the city. They forget if it were not for the city, they would not be able to live where they are today. In so-called suburban areas or non-ghetto parts of the city...............
Why do you tell us how you really feel?

Old 03-03-2010, 03:31 PM

180 posts, read 390,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
The area is very similar to the new Sherman Park aka 60th and Burleigh/Roosevelt ave area. You go west of Atkinson and the neighborhood goes from well kept homes to crap in about .2 seconds. So therefore you will have some spill over effect. I would not shop around N.27th and Capitol at night nor during the day. Anything east of Atkinson.Ave is fine, in fact I was looking at some homes for sale there.
MAYBE I could forgive you if you'd have left it at "at night," but daytime too... seriously? I used to work in that area and I feel no less safe out there during the day than I would at, say, the area near Northridge. And even though I wouldn't recommend walking around there alone at night unless you HAD to, I still didn't find it to be anywhere near as bad as people say it is.

Old 03-04-2010, 07:52 AM

Somebody has too.

Old 03-04-2010, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
Why do you tell us how you really feel?
There needs to be a stop bashing Milwaukee campaign. If you're not part of a solution, you must be part of the problem.

Old 03-18-2010, 01:58 PM

4 posts, read 7,407 times
Milwaukee is one of those cities where you actually have to visit the block to see if it's okay. go to milwaukee.gov/publicapplications to check out demographic and crime information maps.

Old 03-22-2010, 11:38 AM

136 posts, read 220,468 times
Rufus King,Ha ha ! I played football against them in the early seventies and the area was bad then,it sure did not get any better.

Old 03-22-2010, 02:03 PM

652 posts, read 811,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaving123 View Post
Rufus King,Ha ha ! I played football against them in the early seventies and the area was bad then,it sure did not get any better.
Riiiight, my FIL grew up in the area and it wasn't bad at all. You're just trying to troll around and incite people... I'm sure hope you aren't in WI much longer, you sound like a wonderful person to be around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee