U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 01-07-2010, 12:19 PM
 
915 posts, read 1,083,329 times
Reputation: 714
Default why don't meter maids leave us alone?

I know that it is free parking on weekends downtown Milwaukee. But what they don't tell you is that you still have to go by 2 hour parking limit posted on the signs so you can get a ticket inspite of the fact that it is free parking. Why don't they just leave us alone and let us park without worrying about a ticket. The only reason that I can think of is the city is broke and needs all the cash it can get.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-07-2010, 12:40 PM
Status: "mit keinem Hang zur Perfektion" (set 3 days ago)
 
2,028 posts, read 1,677,836 times
Reputation: 2073
typical downtown, and then they lament when the downtown goes to pot.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2010, 02:32 PM
 
Location: Milwaukee
428 posts, read 1,099,390 times
Reputation: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angorlee View Post
The only reason that I can think of is the city is broke and needs all the cash it can get.
Obviously, but Libertarians should be happy that the City is getting extra money without raising taxes. BTW, you can park without problems on Sundays.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2010, 03:47 PM
 
Location: Milwaukee
565 posts, read 888,019 times
Reputation: 688
Park at the structure at 1000 N.Water. $6 all night and on weekends. Parking in Downtown Milwaukee is simple and cheap. We are spoiled by free parking. Parking in Milwaukee is about as cheap as you will find in any large city.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2010, 11:27 PM
 
Location: just here
1,773 posts, read 291,198 times
Reputation: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angorlee View Post
I know that it is free parking on weekends downtown Milwaukee. But what they don't tell you is that you still have to go by 2 hour parking limit posted on the signs so you can get a ticket inspite of the fact that it is free parking. Why don't they just leave us alone and let us park without worrying about a ticket. The only reason that I can think of is the city is broke and needs all the cash it can get.
Um...DUH!!!! How do you think the city gets their revenue w/out raising taxes so much? Parking tickets! I hate getting them, so does everyone else, but sorry if you live in the city, parking tickets are a fact of life. Get used to it. I have a night parking permit & I still get tickets every once in awhile. It's the price you pay for living in the city. My mom actually gave me beef about my tickets one time. I turned to her & said "You don't live in the city...everyone, & I do mean everyone, gets parking tickets if they live in the city. It's a fact of life." She shut up about my tickets after that.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-08-2010, 04:48 AM
 
Location: Lower Eastside - Farwell Ave just south of Brady St
243 posts, read 394,214 times
Reputation: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedjat View Post
Um...DUH!!!! How do you think the city gets their revenue w/out raising taxes so much? Parking tickets! I hate getting them, so does everyone else, but sorry if you live in the city, parking tickets are a fact of life. Get used to it. I have a night parking permit & I still get tickets every once in awhile. It's the price you pay for living in the city. My mom actually gave me beef about my tickets one time. I turned to her & said "You don't live in the city...everyone, & I do mean everyone, gets parking tickets if they live in the city. It's a fact of life." She shut up about my tickets after that.

I agree. I got a parking ticket once or twice but my fault each time for not having my new permit in the window...
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-08-2010, 05:22 AM
 
Location: San Diego
16,726 posts, read 12,383,756 times
Reputation: 5738
Actually most places use parking meters out of complaints of downtown businesses. If people squat on the parking there is no turn over for the businesses.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-08-2010, 01:39 PM
 
Location: East Side Milwaukee
649 posts, read 754,296 times
Reputation: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Actually most places use parking meters out of complaints of downtown businesses. If people squat on the parking there is no turn over for the businesses.
Milwaukee does have parking meters, it's just they're only used M-F. Almost all meters are free on Saturdays, but you still have to abide by the time limits. Sundays you can park for free and for the entire day.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top