U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 11:04 PM

100 posts, read 207,601 times

Advertisements

Milwaukee is like this I will list all the bad areas of milwaukee right now. Here goes.

91st&brown deer (and surronding streets) , 107th near good hope , 60th to 70th from villard to silver spring , and anything east of 43rd (sherman) on the north side. Then the south side from kk to 27th and national to oklahoma.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2010, 04:11 AM

196 posts, read 186,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onemansaves View Post
Milwaukee is like this I will list all the bad areas of milwaukee right now. Here goes.

91st&brown deer (and surronding streets) , 107th near good hope , 60th to 70th from villard to silver spring , and anything east of 43rd (sherman) on the north side. Then the south side from kk to 27th and national to oklahoma.

Thank you! Nice, lucid answer. Judging from all the facts and figures I've gathered on this in the past, your information seems pretty consistent with it all and puts it together quite nicely. The only one I've never heard about is the one on Good Hope. People never seem to discuss areas further west near I-45 and I-100. I hear neither good nor bad stuff; just no talk of it whatsoever. So the areas West of Sherman Boulevard up to I-45 and 100 aren't hood for the most part, huh? I will say I've heard significant amount of talk of Hampton Heights (which is west of Sherman Boulevard) not being the best area but also not the worst area either. My birth house is over in McGovern Park. Seems I was surrounded by hood but not quite in it.

Yea, but for the most part I get it all, especially the north side: Gets bad at Sherman Boulevard, loosens up by Glendale on the north and by perhaps Riverwest on the east. The south side I am still confused about. I don't know what KK is.

Old 02-06-2010, 10:29 AM

6,861 posts, read 12,260,725 times
Quote:

You keep saying KK but KK stops at the Milwaukee river what street do you mean?. I would say the freeway 94/43 as the eastern border and west to 27th. KK river on the south and Pierce on the north.

Old 02-06-2010, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
You keep saying KK but KK stops at the Milwaukee river what street do you mean?. I would say the freeway 94/43 as the eastern border and west to 27th. KK river on the south and Pierce on the north.
Wouldn't W. Pierce on the north include Walker's Point area? I thought there was nothing to worry about in Walker's Point!

Old 02-06-2010, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanHistory09 View Post
Wouldn't W. Pierce on the north include Walker's Point area? I thought there was nothing to worry about in Walker's Point!
Who told you there was nothing to worry about in walkers point? I used to live on 24th and national and it was horrible.

Old 02-06-2010, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Yes I know where kk is. I just meant it as an eastern starting point for the hood.

Old 02-06-2010, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Thank you! Nice, lucid answer. Judging from all the facts and figures I've gathered on this in the past, your information seems pretty consistent with it all and puts it together quite nicely. The only one I've never heard about is the one on Good Hope. People never seem to discuss areas further west near I-45 and I-100. I hear neither good nor bad stuff; just no talk of it whatsoever. So the areas West of Sherman Boulevard up to I-45 and 100 aren't hood for the most part, huh? I will say I've heard significant amount of talk of Hampton Heights (which is west of Sherman Boulevard) not being the best area but also not the worst area either. My birth house is over in McGovern Park. Seems I was surrounded by hood but not quite in it.

Yea, but for the most part I get it all, especially the north side: Gets bad at Sherman Boulevard, loosens up by Glendale on the north and by perhaps Riverwest on the east. The south side I am still confused about. I don't know what KK is.
I may be slighly off on good hope , but there are some projects on 107th close to good hope that are pretty bad at night. Not sure where hampton heights is , but you will find an occasional rough apartment complex here and there even in the not so bad parts of the city.

Also the bad area I told you about between 60th and 70th between villard and silver spring; I should have said between villard and about just past flourist.

Also I don't know of any bad part of hwy 100 offhand , but I know there is a semi rough pocket arond 92nd and appleton. Not horrible , but a place to keep your eyes open.

Old 02-06-2010, 05:38 PM

Quote:

Instead of saying kk , ill just say like 4th street

Old 02-06-2010, 07:36 PM

Quote:
I may be slighly off on good hope , but there are some projects on 107th close to good hope that are pretty bad at night. Not sure where hampton heights is , but you will find an occasional rough apartment complex here and there even in the not so bad parts of the city.

Also the bad area I told you about between 60th and 70th between villard and silver spring; I should have said between villard and about just past flourist.

Also I don't know of any bad part of hwy 100 offhand , but I know there is a semi rough pocket arond 92nd and appleton. Not horrible , but a place to keep your eyes open.
Haha Thanks for all the corrected info! Actually, I found the KK thing you're talking about on the map. The actual spelling of it is something ridiculous so I now see why everyone is calling it kk.

Old 02-06-2010, 08:11 PM

Quote:
I'm talking about all 96 sq miles and no suburbs. Yes it would have something to do with Milwaukee being ghetto. A lot of times you hear people from upstate Wisconsin or people from Jefferson county that go to state fair or go to a brewers game and think they are in the hood or when people think downtown Milwaukee is the worst part of town when statistically it's the safest. When you have been to other cities such as Memphis, New Orleans, Baton Rouge, PHX, Miami, Nashville, Cincy you get a real sense on how nice Milwaukee actually is. We all know the near north side is ghetto and parts of the near south side but those two areas do not make up majority of the city.
Agree with you and disagree with you at tyhe same time. People from other parts of wisconsin do tend to overhype milwaukee , as if the whole place is some rotting cesspool.

However , I been to a lot of cities myself , including the ones you mention , and milwaukees hoods are every bit as bad as the cities you mentioned and are actually worse than most of them.

You gotta understand , you're talking about a city with over 700 shootings a year , and a hundred murders , and almost all that stuff happens in an area with less than 100,000 people. You'd be hard pressed to find a hood anywhere in america that can top that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee