U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 01:01 PM

1,236 posts, read 2,396,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leavinmilw View Post
SMALL PART??????? What have you been smoking?? Wow, I didn't know it was possible to be so delusional. With such an unrealistically optimistic outlook, you should really consider running for public office. You seem to have a lot in common with our wildly unpopular president.
Out of 96 square miles, the parts of the city that are truly downtrodden are probably no more than 15%.

That's not insignificant, but you can certainly avoid Capitol Drive and Teutonia and Fond du Lac during all of your living days in Milwaukee.

Don't confuse a realistic outlook with an "optimistic" outlook: your outlook is overly hysterical and pessimistic, so everything you hear to the contrary--even the truth--is too much for you to handle. Perhaps you should put your crackpipe down and take a look at a map of the city, or just open your eyes and explore a little. But if you're too troubled to make the effort, you can only blame yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2010, 04:23 PM

1 posts, read 1,735 times
Yes, Milwaukee is GHETTO. Kids can't hardly go anywhere because of curfews now. And MPS is a HUGE mistake. People I've known who lived in Milwaukee moved somewhere else, and they all say that they would NEVER move back here.

Old 08-15-2010, 08:36 PM

652 posts, read 809,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkPinkPink View Post
Yes, Milwaukee is GHETTO. Kids can't hardly go anywhere because of curfews now. And MPS is a HUGE mistake. People I've known who lived in Milwaukee moved somewhere else, and they all say that they would NEVER move back here.
Why would you just allow your kids to run around any large city, late into the night? Do you think that's responsible parenting?

If curfews for minors are your tipping point, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Old 02-28-2011, 04:58 PM

1 posts, read 1,380 times
Default =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemansaves View Post
Agree with you and disagree with you at tyhe same time. People from other parts of wisconsin do tend to overhype milwaukee , as if the whole place is some rotting cesspool.

However , I been to a lot of cities myself , including the ones you mention , and milwaukees hoods are every bit as bad as the cities you mentioned and are actually worse than most of them.

You gotta understand , you're talking about a city with over 700 shootings a year , and a hundred murders , and almost all that stuff happens in an area with less than 100,000 people. You'd be hard pressed to find a hood anywhere in america that can top that.
omg i just had to make an account after reading this. you said try looking for a city with over 700 shoots and 100 murders... try compton or the bronx, and chicago had over 1000 murders in 1 year they had o call the national guards in.

Old 03-06-2011, 10:08 AM

5,883 posts, read 4,409,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onemansaves View Post
Agree with you and disagree with you at tyhe same time. People from other parts of wisconsin do tend to overhype milwaukee , as if the whole place is some rotting cesspool.

However , I been to a lot of cities myself , including the ones you mention , and milwaukees hoods are every bit as bad as the cities you mentioned and are actually worse than most of them.

You gotta understand , you're talking about a city with over 700 shootings a year , and a hundred murders , and almost all that stuff happens in an area with less than 100,000 people. You'd be hard pressed to find a hood anywhere in america that can top that.

100s of murders lmao, milwaukee i think not

Old 03-09-2011, 03:44 AM

1 posts, read 1,287 times
If a county(cook) with a population of 5,300,000 has 1,000 murders and a county of 600,000(Milwaukee) has 100 murders they have a pretty close murder rate. For all crimes milwaukee is the ninth worst in in the country 4,500 crimes per 100,000 residents. Statistically your alot more likely to be a victim of a crime in Milwaukee than NYC or L.A. You can check all of this out on the F.B.I webstite.

Last edited by El Danno; 03-09-2011 at 04:31 AM..

Old 03-09-2011, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Danno View Post
If a county(cook) with a population of 5,300,000 has 1,000 murders and a county of 600,000(Milwaukee) has 100 murders they have a pretty close murder rate. For all crimes milwaukee is the ninth worst in in the country 4,500 crimes per 100,000 residents. Statistically your alot more likely to be a victim of a crime in Milwaukee than NYC or L.A. You can check all of this out on the F.B.I webstite.
http://os.cqpress.com/citycrime/2010..._hightolow.pdf

Los Angeles and Los Angeles County are listed as #73 & #112 most dangerous.

Milwaukee is listed as #117

The New York Metro area has two listings, #218 & #252

Where are you getting your information from?

Old 03-13-2012, 10:25 AM

1 posts, read 938 times
i lived in Milwaukee for 14 years and iv seen drive byes, jumping's, robbery's but i still say New york New york and Harlem New York and ATL is alot worse have family in all three so go there for summers. but just don't be racist like people in northern Wisconsin ull be fine respect every one. Bay View and big ben and near south-ridge mall are all good areas any more areas im sure some one will post them. so pretty much Milwaukee is a good place to a point.

Old 03-13-2012, 10:54 AM

142 posts, read 186,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
100s of murders lmao, milwaukee i think not

Don't laugh too hard, or loudly. The biggest difference between the murder rate of Milwaukee and that of other, "rougher" cities, is the level of EMS. If a person suffers penetrating trauma in this city, they have close to a 95% survival rate.
A more accurate number to consider is the number of people shot and stabbed. Those numbers might shock many people back to reality.

Make no mistake about it, there is a very violent component to this city.

See, this is the problem when you live in a world of absolutes with just "statistics". What has changed? Advances in prehospital care, quicker dispatching and a few other advances including an average response time for help that is the envy of the nation, has helped to save hundreds, if not thousands of lives here. These facts contribute, probably more than any other single factor, to the declining homicide rate.

Just something to consider.

Old 03-13-2012, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyGavin View Post
Don't laugh too hard, or loudly. The biggest difference between the murder rate of Milwaukee and that of other, "rougher" cities, is the level of EMS. If a person suffers penetrating trauma in this city, they have close to a 95% survival rate.
A more accurate number to consider is the number of people shot and stabbed. Those numbers might shock many people back to reality.

Make no mistake about it, there is a very violent component to this city.

See, this is the problem when you live in a world of absolutes with just "statistics". What has changed? Advances in prehospital care, quicker dispatching and a few other advances including an average response time for help that is the envy of the nation, has helped to save hundreds, if not thousands of lives here. These facts contribute, probably more than any other single factor, to the declining homicide rate.

Just something to consider.
It's the same reason why car accident deaths have been decreasing. Driving around in safer cars, using seatbelts & much better healthcare push highway deaths down... even in the face of cellphones & incompetant drivers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee