Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2018, 08:14 AM

3,368 posts, read 2,889,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InnovativeAmerican View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again: How can you be a part of a marginalized community like LGBT yet choose to be hold these ignorant beliefs? Trans people have higher than average suicide and murder rates. How would you feel if I (as a straight cis male) cited one bad incident about trans people and made a hasty generalization about them as a group to collectively discredit them and justify why transphobia didn't exist?
If only it is one bad incident...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2018, 09:26 AM

2,661 posts, read 3,857,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InnovativeAmerican View Post
In response to the quote in bold, did I not CLEARLY say that there are racists living in Madison and Dane County?

You have, once again, used BLM to rationalize your willful ignorance to race relations. Way to go.

I am really sick and tired of white people accusing me (and other ethnic minorities) of "victimizing myself" for innocently speaking out about societal issues that affect ethnic minorities. Yes, I said "innocently" because you want to know what's funny? When black people riot over a deadly shooting of an unarmed black man (a SOCIETAL problem), they get denigrated for it. But then, when an African American (such as myself) discusses the injustices he faces without resorting to violence or destruction, he STILL gets regarded as a victim. We can't win for lose it! I kid you not! How dare you!!!

BTW, I do NOT live my life as a victim. I am a successful businessman who consistently travels across the Midwest.
I actually understand the "can't win for losing" comment. - In the context of where you are coming from; it does make some sense.

We just look at things differently. You seem to see police shootings of unarmed black men as automatically Societal injustice.

I prefer to let the system and rule of law work the process and come to a legal conclusion - sometimes it has been proven to be injustice but many times it has been proven to be a legal/justified shooting of a hoodlum intent on doing harm to police or others.

This why when BLM goes about screaming in front of cameras at Police and others on THE SAME DAY a shooting occurs, they CANNOT be taken as a serious voice.

I have no doubt you are successful. I appreciate your willingness to articulate on things that are important to you.

Old 05-15-2018, 08:28 AM

227 posts, read 198,158 times
This thread is hilarious, simply because in trying to defend against the proposition that "yes, many of the areas outside the city are racist" you guys basically prove this persons point by talking over them and past them.

POC say there is lots of racism and give examples.
White's say there is no racism and those examples don't count.
Oh the irony.

Old 05-18-2018, 11:40 AM

512 posts, read 474,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HueysBack View Post
This thread is hilarious, simply because in trying to defend against the proposition that "yes, many of the areas outside the city are racist" you guys basically prove this persons point by talking over them and past them.

POC say there is lots of racism and give examples.
White's say there is no racism and those examples don't count.
Oh the irony.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee