Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 12:59 PM

1 posts, read 5,203 times

Advertisements

Im looking to move to Milwaukee and found Schusters Lofts on Mitchell Street. The building looks nice and its reasonable. Im wondering about the neighborhood. Any opinions on the neighborhood hood or the building?

They have a gated lot for parking with controlled access the building also has controlled access.

Thanks for any imput.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2010, 01:39 PM

8,275 posts, read 22,986,942 times
How's the neighborhood? depends on who you are and how comfortable you are in an iffy area that is mostly hispanic about 90%. I grew up in that neighborhood and I would feel fine living there but someone from Randolph WI, I would not recommend this place. During the day is fine it's night time when the freaks come out. The Building you reference is very nice and has a good secure lobby and I wouldn't worry about people breaking in. The only thing I would worry about would be my car getting stolen and if you have a newer car you have nothing to worry about b/c thieves don't know how to steal new cars. Just don't keep anything in plain sight in your car and you'll be fine. As far as crime in the area it happens mainly at night and I wouldn't worry to much. It's not a bad place to live if all you plan on doing is just living there and not going for walks or shopping in the neighborhood. It's a lower class working neighborhood and not a lot of MIAD or other college students in the area but their will be plenty of college students in the building you are looking at.

I would look to BayView, Walker's Point, Third Ward, Lower East Side and Upper East Side near UWM.

Old 01-31-2010, 02:17 PM

196 posts, read 470,481 times
I wouldn't live there. It's the southside hood. A date of mine recently told me he heard a series of gun shots near his house in that area late at night and he and the people he stayed with all jumped for cover. I would go with the alternative suggestions listed by Milwaukee City. There's also Riverwest which is diverse in regards to young people and college students. That's a relatively nice area with lot's of hang outs and shops and places to visit, despite it being next door to Harambe just west; part of the northside hood!

Old 02-02-2010, 02:43 PM

8,275 posts, read 22,986,942 times
I would only recommend that area if you are a city veteran and have an experience with living in the city before.

Old 02-05-2010, 10:50 PM

100 posts, read 342,731 times
Yeah mitchell is good by day , but the side streets are rough at night. U got the latin kings , spanish cobras , mld's , and mexican posse shooting at each other every night. If you are going to live around there , I suggest living south of oklahoma ave or west of 27th street

Old 02-05-2010, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanHistory09 View Post
I wouldn't live there. It's the southside hood. A date of mine recently told me he heard a series of gun shots near his house in that area late at night and he and the people he stayed with all jumped for cover. I would go with the alternative suggestions listed by Milwaukee City. There's also Riverwest which is diverse in regards to young people and college students. That's a relatively nice area with lot's of hang outs and shops and places to visit, despite it being next door to Harambe just west; part of the northside hood!
American history is right. I used to live on 24th and national and there were gunshots every night almost all night long. So just do as I said in my last post and you'll be ok

Old 02-06-2010, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemansaves View Post
American history is right. I used to live on 24th and national and there were gunshots every night almost all night long. So just do as I said in my last post and you'll be ok
Say, that's near the Milwaukee Domes! Must have been spooky looking at the Domes at night.

Old 02-06-2010, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Say, that's near the Milwaukee Domes! Must have been spooky looking at the Domes at night.
Actually my house wasn't more than 2 football fields away from the domes. And mitchell park was really really bad.

Old 02-06-2010, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemansaves View Post
Actually my house wasn't more than 2 football fields away from the domes. And mitchell park was really really bad.
LOL! I was about to say sweet but lol. In what way? Deteriorating condition or like dangerous area because just from viewing it on Google, it looks like a bunch of shut down warehouses like the Menomonee River Falls Area?! Suppose viewing the Domes at night would be scary as hell though! Imagine being inside!

Old 02-06-2010, 05:19 PM

Quote:
LOL! I was about to say sweet but lol. In what way? Deteriorating condition or like dangerous area because just from viewing it on Google, it looks like a bunch of shut down warehouses like the Menomonee River Falls Area?! Suppose viewing the Domes at night would be scary as hell though! Imagine being inside!
I see you're mocking but you don't know what you are talking about. Mitchell park is bad at night. But think what you want I guess
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee