U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-15-2010, 10:07 AM

2 posts, read 3,248 times
Default Moving to Glendale

Hi! I am moving with my family to Glendale WI this summer from Ohio. I am looking for advice and information on Glendale, what the community is like, etc. We are used to a very small town and safe community. How will Glendale compare? Also looking for info on Nicolet High School. The info I have found so far seems ok, but I would like firsthand information if possible.

Any suggestions on where to look for homes to rent? I have looked online without much success, and I am having trouble telling which homes are in which school district. If anyone knows how I can search by address and find the high school district it is in, that would be incredibly helpful too.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2010, 01:35 PM

204 posts, read 463,206 times
Nicolet High School services the communities of Glendale, Fox Point, River Hills, and Bayside. It's a very good public school, but that's the extent of first-hand info I can give you.

Glendale itself borders the far northeastern corner of Milwaukee. It straddles both sides of I-43 from Bradley Road on down to Hampton Ave. Since it's an inner ring suburb with residents every side of its borders, it's probably more apt to feel like one contiguous area rather than the small city of 13,000 people that it is. That might be a deterrent for you. The city itself is fairly diverse for a Milwaukee suburb.

I personally feel that the way the interstate that bisects the city (well, probably 2/3 to 3/4 of the city is west of the interstate) detracts a little bit from its community feel. But the flip side of that is that the freeway offers quick and easy access other destinations in the metro area. It's just a 5-to-10 minute jaunt to downtown.

And while there might be more activity in the police blotter than its neighboring communities of Brown Deer, River Hills, Fox Point and Whitefish Bay, many of the listings are merely petty shoplifting from Bayshore Mall. (The mall itself is a huge asset, though.) By and large Glendale is a very safe community, as all the suburbs are. This forum doesn't get enough chatter about Glendale. It's a very underrated municipality and I would never discourage anyone from living there.

Old 03-16-2010, 09:06 AM

2 posts, read 2,163 times
Default moving day

Hi there,

I don't now if you have a mover lined up yet but wanted to say that when we moved from Colorado we got Pods to move our belongings and we were very happy we did. No driving a big moving truck! The box is right there in the driveway to pack and unpack. Anyway, good luck. Hope you find a great house to rent.

Old 03-16-2010, 10:44 AM

2 posts, read 3,248 times
Thanks for the feedback! It sounds like Glendale will be a good area for our family. While I have visited Milwaukee several times and passed through Glendale, you just never really know until you live there.

Old 03-16-2010, 01:44 PM

20 posts, read 27,696 times
Glendale is a very nice area and Nicolet is a veryyyy competitive school. Its also very jewish so your kids will get off on seemingly random days. (unless you are jewish yourself).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee