Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2010, 05:34 PM

12 posts, read 34,720 times

Advertisements

I'm going to a Vikings Monday Night Football game. Well, the game will proabably get over at 10:45-11:00 and I don't feel like driving a few hours after that... So where do I stay Monday night? I would love to stay in Minneapolis but I don't want to pay excessive parking to stay in Minneapolis. I could stay near MOA and take the light rail to and from the game. But, since I will be heading back to Duluth, maybe a hotel on the way back.

Do hotels in downtown Minneapolis have free parking for staying?
How is the light rail on Vikings game days?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2010, 06:35 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,925,220 times
The hotel in 7 corners or the Radisson University are close

Old 08-06-2010, 07:44 PM

1,080 posts, read 2,269,357 times
If you don't mind staying a ways away from the Metrodome you could stay in the Holiday Inn Suites in Vadnais Heights or the American Inn in White Bear Lake which are both right off 35E and would give you a straight shot up to Duluth the next day. You could also look for something in one of the north suburbs off of 35W. Parking would be free and some chain hotel in the burbs as probably as cheap as you're gonna get.

Old 08-07-2010, 06:38 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
I would think the parking rates for downtown hotels vary depending on the arrangements with the nearby parking ramps. The Crowne plaza on 7th Street and 2nd Avenue has a reduced rate ($10 - $12) with the attached ramp and is a 10 - 15 minute walk away. Believe the hotel (Marquette) in the IDS Center also has an arrangement with their ramp. I would guess the Radisson in 7-corners has their own ramp and is within walking distance.

Old 08-07-2010, 08:12 AM

1,178 posts, read 2,707,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
The hotel in 7 corners or the Radisson University are close
I usually stay at the Radisson University. Good choice. Close, clean affordable.

Old 08-08-2010, 03:54 AM

1,617 posts, read 5,674,861 times
I don't think the Radisson University has free parking, nor does the hotel in 7 corners (the Holiday Inn Metrodome), although the HIMD is a great location--you could pay for parking at the hotel, then walk to the game. (Rather than paying to park in a lot for the game.)

The Mall of America is on the opposite side of town from where you'll be coming from/headed to (add 15-30 minutes each way depending on time of day/traffic), but if you don't mind that and the standing-room-only train ride after the game, that's a decent plan.

The Ramada on Industrial Blvd NE and 35W is on the right side of town, and would get you right on the way in the morning, with little to no traffic issues. The Radisson in Roseville (the Rosedale Mall area) is another one to consider.

Old 08-08-2010, 11:54 AM

1,178 posts, read 2,707,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegonagle View Post
I don't think the Radisson University has free parking, nor does the hotel in 7 corners (the Holiday Inn Metrodome), although the HIMD is a great location--you could pay for parking at the hotel, then walk to the game. (Rather than paying to park in a lot for the game.)

The Mall of America is on the opposite side of town from where you'll be coming from/headed to (add 15-30 minutes each way depending on time of day/traffic), but if you don't mind that and the standing-room-only train ride after the game, that's a decent plan.

The Ramada on Industrial Blvd NE and 35W is on the right side of town, and would get you right on the way in the morning, with little to no traffic issues. The Radisson in Roseville (the Rosedale Mall area) is another one to consider.
I've never paid to park at the Radisson. Or if I have I just don't remember. Maybe like $7, big deal I make it rain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul