Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 01:09 PM

319 posts, read 528,591 times

Advertisements

That article is almost a year old
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2013, 06:04 PM

416 posts, read 559,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManBearPig1 View Post
Minneapolis does not have a faced paced lifestyle. It's bars still shutdown at 2. It has tons of all residential neighborhoods with single family homes. It's filled with the same quiet, reserved, passive aggressive Minnesotans at the end of the day.
LOL, yeah that statement was so cute I had to laugh. Mpls is 'fast-paced' vs 'laid back' of saint paul.

Granted I used to live right behind the Porky's on University (? been a few years) and on saturday night all the classic cars going up and down for hours defintely qualified as fast-paced by Twin Cities standards...

So sad it was torn down : ( Them burgers were gooood.

Old 08-14-2013, 07:52 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,484,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManBearPig1 View Post
That article is almost a year old
Penfield is currently under construction
Ballpark is currently under construction
Light rail is currently under construction

who cares how old the article is.
just imagine how nice its going to be when a large new apartment complex (the penfiend) is complete, i believe it'll have a Lunds grocery store.
pretty awesome, people who live downtown have to shop at a little market or drive all the way to Byrleys on the east side or to Cub in W St Paul.
Plus you have the Ballpark and the Light rail that will bring alot of people into Downtown.

Old 08-19-2013, 09:11 AM

1,807 posts, read 3,093,158 times
This is a sort of minor reason, but I think the Kellogg/W. 7th intersection creates much more of a dead zone for pedestrians than anything by Target Field/Target Center...

Old 09-19-2013, 07:07 AM

1 posts, read 1,392 times
Perhaps it's best to wait until the new light rail opens,which is supposed to be open by spring of 2014. I think it's safe to say that the 45 min commuting time it takes to ride the new light rail as opposed to the 2 hour bus ride it used to be will help citizens be more willing to occupy the streets of dt St Paul. Also, I think they plan on moving the Amtrak station from the Cleveland Ave location to Union Depot in dt St Paul. With those two projects done, it'll be easier for people to commute to St Paul.

Old 09-30-2013, 11:30 AM

143 posts, read 477,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenhere4ever View Post
Then why is that exactly how they live all over the world? I think that's a biased western American view. Go towards the Atlantic, the most populous part of the country, and you'll find that lifestyle more and more common. In big cities in Europe very few people live any other way. And yet "people were not meant". I do think if you made that statement in the average western suburb, you'd get "Hallelujah, brother!" Real estate PR has embedded that in the western brain as a quasi-religious thing.
Or, rather than propaganda, it could be a personal preference combined with geography.

Plus, I like living on my own property - ACTUAL property, not a condo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul