U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 08:51 PM

166 posts, read 335,384 times

Advertisements

@ New Orleans Saints - L
Miami Dolphins - L
--------------------------------
Detroit Lions - W
@ NY Jets - L
Dallas Cowboys - ?
Green Bay Packers - L
New England Patriots - L
Arizona Cardinals - L
@ Chicago Bears Noon - ?
Green Bay Packers - L
@ Washington Redskins - W
Buffalo Bills - W
NY Giants - L
Chicago Bears - ?
@ Philadelphia Eagles - L
@ Detroit Lions - W

Does this seem an accurate prognostication to anyone else? Favre indecisiveness/trick about his late coming back decision in order to avoid training camp is hurting the team! Not to mention all the band wagon Minnesotan who gave all the credits to him last season. The team moral is low, and it's only a matter of time before the defense say f*** it! and play haphazardly. Oh well, we'll get another NFC North champion team after eight years or so.. mean time we wait and see who would make an early exit from the team like Moss. Petersen? LA Vikings doesn't seem to be far fetched after all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2010, 09:01 PM

810 posts, read 1,824,475 times
I think they'll do better than that. Morale is low but it doesn't mean it'll stay low. While I don't foresee a strong season I do believe that they'll creep in then lose like they normally so.

Old 09-21-2010, 07:58 AM

5,891 posts, read 12,256,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Civic View Post
@ New Orleans Saints - L
Miami Dolphins - L
Detroit Lions - W
@ NY Jets - L
Dallas Cowboys - ?
Green Bay Packers - L
New England Patriots - L
Arizona Cardinals - L
@ Chicago Bears Noon - ?
Green Bay Packers - L
Buffalo Bills - W
NY Giants - L
Chicago Bears - ?
@ Philadelphia Eagles - L
@ Detroit Lions - W

Does this seem an accurate prognostication to anyone else? Favre indecisiveness/trick about his late coming back decision in order to avoid training camp is hurting the team! Not to mention all the band wagon Minnesotan who gave all the credits to him last season. The team moral is low, and it's only a matter of time before the defense say f*** it! and play haphazardly. Oh well, we'll get another NFC North champion team after eight years or so.. mean time we wait and see who would make an early exit from the team like Moss. Petersen? LA Vikings doesn't seem to be far fetched after all.
Losing to the Arizona Cardinals, New York Giants and Dallas Cowboys at home? Come on now. I still feel like the team will turn things around. Even if it turns out to be an off year they should still be able to win most of their home games, especially against the subpar teams.

Old 09-21-2010, 08:52 AM

5,530 posts, read 9,791,718 times
Seriously -- yes. When Favre wakes up and becomes a member of this TEAM again, it's on and we're back in business. Don't count them out just yet guys. I predicted two weeks ago that week 3 will be the pivotal week for the Vikes. So if they LOSE, then I'm pessimistic again, but if they WIN going into the bye week, I think they'll come out red hot!!!

Old 09-22-2010, 02:27 PM

5,990 posts, read 11,202,798 times
4-12? It won't be that bad. The NFC North is still a weak division.

Old 09-22-2010, 10:58 PM

1,080 posts, read 1,930,288 times
Weak? I would argue it's the toughest division.

I'm going to say we go 10-6 with loses to the Saints, Dolphins, Bears, Packers, Patriots, and Lions on the last game of the season.

Old 09-23-2010, 06:55 AM

5,891 posts, read 12,256,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN55 View Post
Weak? I would argue it's the toughest division.
The NFC North is definitely weaker than the AFC South and the NFC East. I'd probably consider it the 3rd or 4th toughest division in the league.

Old 10-06-2010, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Civic
@ New Orleans Saints - L
Miami Dolphins - L
Detroit Lions - W
-----------The Moss Factor Revision---------
@ NY Jets - L
Dallas Cowboys - ? [change to] Win
Green Bay Packers - L
New England Patriots - L
Arizona Cardinals - L [Change to] win
@ Chicago Bears Noon - ?
Green Bay Packers - L [change to] win
Buffalo Bills - W
NY Giants - L [change to] win
Chicago Bears - ? [change to] win
@ Philadelphia Eagles - L [change to] win
@ Detroit Lions - W
Now we got a season!

Old 10-06-2010, 10:29 PM

8,187 posts, read 21,752,379 times
The Vikes will do pretty well this year. Maybe not another Super Bowl appearance, then again, you never know. You can speculate all you want, but that is all that it is-speculation. Stranger things have happened.

Here are two things to consider: Favre and Moss. Now, perhaps you think that you know everything about football because you drink Bud Lite and have a Fantasy Football Team, but really, you don't know jack. Favre is actually going to retire for real one of these years, but he would like to win one more ring before he does. Or at least go out with a strong season. He wouldn't have come back to the Vikings if he didn't think it was possible. Moss is the same, although not as old. He could've went to any team, but he is going back to Minnesota. Say what you want about his 'I play when I feel like playing attitude'. The guy is on his way to the Hall of Fame, potentially without a Super Bowl Ring. He would not have come back to the Vikings if he did not feel that the team could go the distance.

It's exactly why KG went to the Celtics. He knew it could happen with them.

These guys know the game in and out, more so than you do. They may be arrogant, but they are not stupid. They know what teams to go to if they want the best chance of gaining a ring.

Old 10-07-2010, 05:15 PM

hahaha hold on to your horses pal! or should I say take a chill pill? I never said I know everything about football, neither do I drink BudLite (I think domestic beers taste like dish washing water, not that I have tasted it before...hmmm I take that back Samuel Adams' got pretty good beers) anyway, that's another topic...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul