Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is moss the best option for the vikings?
yes 27 75.00%
no 9 25.00%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 05:02 PM

3,971 posts, read 9,677,593 times

Advertisements

Well this is something that the Vikings front Office should have figured out months back. They shouldn't have relied so much on Sidney Rice as being the go-to guy. He had a fluke season last year, and had 2 prior seasons of doing nothing.

Their main objective this off season should have been a 6'5'' receiver all along. Let's compare Randy's and Sidney's 'breakout' years -

RANDY-
yds 1313
TDs 17
REC 69
LONG 61
FDs 51

SIDNEY-
Yds - 1312
TDS - 8
REC - 83
LONG - 63
FDs - 59

Quite comparable? I guess.. The only difference is that Randy was 21 and was a very highly touted athlete since HS. He initially was supposed to go to Norte Dame, and then to Florida State, but academics and other issues kept him away. Sidney was 23 and in his 3rd NFL season. He also had much more to lose, as if he had 1 more subpar season, last season probably would have been his last in the league.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2010, 05:28 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,190,154 times
Wouldn't bother me if they got tid of Brian McKinney !

Old 10-06-2010, 05:42 PM

166 posts, read 391,347 times
Awesome! The presence of Moss changes field dynamic. Other than the obvious (Moss catching ball), he's gonna draws deep coverages towards him and thereby freeing up other receivers. Plus, this creates spread out secondary defense, which will help Peterson average bigger yards per carry. Heck if he has to, he can throw a perfect spiral to end zone in a reverse play action pass formation.

Last edited by Civic; 10-06-2010 at 06:02 PM..

Old 10-06-2010, 05:48 PM

Can't wait for Vikings vs cheese-heads.

Old 10-06-2010, 06:18 PM

[quote=Civic;16168083]Awesome! The presence of Moss changes field dynamic. Other than the obvious (Moss catching ball), he's gonna draws deep coverages towards him and thereby freeing up other receivers. Plus, this creates spread out secondary defense, which will help Peterson average bigger yards per carry. Heck if he has to, he can throw a perfect spiral to end zone in a reverse play action pass formation. [/quot

yet he caught 0 passes in the last game he played ?

Old 10-06-2010, 07:00 PM

if he doesn't want to play, ofcourse he ain't gonna try. But I doubt something happens between the Vikings and Moss to put him in a situation he's not motivated to play in just a year or two... Giving his age and him not having a championship ring with a potentially a real contender team (if they don't play the way they have so far this season), should motivate him to play hard. Anyway, this is the most excited I have been for Vikings this season. May be time to buy my first Vikings Jersey.

Old 10-06-2010, 07:16 PM

5,984 posts, read 13,414,034 times
Of course the move makes sense. The Vikes get a Hall of Fame receiver back for next to nothing. This will free up some of the other receivers as well.

Go Vikes.

Old 10-07-2010, 04:34 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,303,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knke0204 View Post
I'm assuming you know little to nothing about football, as your attitude seems to be point on with the other thousands of mindless Vikings fans.
His number speak himself. His 1998-2004 seasons were better than almost anyone in history. His words do not and did not correlate with the statistics he put up.

Check for yourself...Keep in mind you actually have to know about football to put the statistics together to make sense.

Randy Moss Stats - New England Patriots - ESPN

The whole "I play when I want to play" thing is so overrated. He's an ignorant athlete. Does that surprise you? People need to start taking quotes by unintelligent, uneducated athletes with a grain of salt and look at their results.

i still can't believe all the negativity surrounding this guy. He hasn't done anything crazy off the field since his little Meter Maid incident, which was still BS anyways.

The guy brought the Vikes to 2 NFC Championship games not to mention making the Vikes the highest scoring team in NFL history (at that point). He's proven himself in New England as well.
Actually I know quite a bit about football, thank you. The last time the Viking's had Moss he most certainly played when he wanted to-it was quite obvious to anyone that was watching. Yes, his overall stats were good, but they should have been better. There were many times he just didn't try to catch a ball or didn't exert any effort to get to a pass. He is moody and it shows on the field. For someone with his talent to be shuffled from team to team like he has been points to the fact that he is NOT a team member one wants but they put up with him because of his talent, that is wastes more often then he uses. Moss hated being in MN and tried everything he could to get out of MN.

Old 10-07-2010, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgal View Post
Actually I know quite a bit about football, thank you. The last time the Viking's had Moss he most certainly played when he wanted to-it was quite obvious to anyone that was watching. Yes, his overall stats were good, but they should have been better. There were many times he just didn't try to catch a ball or didn't exert any effort to get to a pass. He is moody and it shows on the field. For someone with his talent to be shuffled from team to team like he has been points to the fact that he is NOT a team member one wants but they put up with him because of his talent, that is wastes more often then he uses. Moss hated being in MN and tried everything he could to get out of MN.
great post and great memory !

Many people/posters forget the headache he was in every city he played in.

There is a reason this is his 4th time .

Old 10-07-2010, 09:25 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,371,609 times
Going back to the poll question, Is Moss the best option for the vikings? If this is regarding wide receivers at this very moment in time, I would have to say yes...I can't think of a single receiver who I'd rather have for this season on the Vikings than Randy Moss. No other receiver has the potential to be as dominant as Moss could be. In the long-term, sure there are other receivers who are younger and could probably give us more production over several years. However, in the short-term, Moss IS the best option in my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul