Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 07:04 PM

3,869 posts, read 15,168,071 times

Advertisements

And a roof.
The news reported this evening that the NFL has concerns about the vikings game being played out side as the field is frozen. This could lead to the players being injured.

Old 12-16-2010, 07:39 PM

72,990 posts, read 62,569,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN55 View Post
Nah, just build a nice open air stadium up in Arden Hills at the old army ammunition site. No roof. Lot's of parking lots for tailgating. Easy access to the interstates. Throw in some fancy corporate suites and overpriced beer and everyone is happy.

Go Vikes!
Oh boy. Building out in the suburbs. My philosophy is that sports teams are suppose to play in the major city, not the suburbs. In my view, it means more reliance on a car to get to places. What does a person with no car do?

Old 12-16-2010, 08:00 PM

1,080 posts, read 2,268,463 times
Quote:
Oh boy. Building out in the suburbs. My philosophy is that sports teams are suppose to play in the major city, not the suburbs.
Green Bay, New England, Washington, Buffalo, Dallas, New York Jets, New York Giants, and I'm sure a few others seem to be doing just fine.

Quote:
my view, it means more reliance on a car to get to places. What does a person with no car do?
Well if you don't have a car, either A) you can't afford one and therefore probably aren't able to afford an NFL ticket as well, or B) are some urban hipster that feels they're too cool for a car and more likely than not don't give two ****s about the Vikings or any other sports team. Seriously, the number of carless households in the Twin Cities is miniscule and the number that don't fit into one of those two categories is practically zero.

Old 12-16-2010, 08:08 PM

72,990 posts, read 62,569,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN55 View Post
Green Bay, New England, Washington, Buffalo, Dallas, New York Jets, New York Giants, and I'm sure a few others seem to be doing just fine.

Well if you don't have a car, either A) you can't afford one and therefore probably aren't able to afford an NFL ticket as well, or B) are some urban hipster that feels they're too cool for a car and more likely than not don't give two ****s about the Vikings or any other sports team. Seriously, the number of carless households in the Twin Cities is miniscule and the number that don't fit into one of those two categories is practically zero.
So you think you know everything about people without cars? How generalizing. How judgmental. You don't know everything. For all one might know, the person without a car probably doesn't want to deal with the hassle of paying for gas and insurance. Said person could also be a student who might be able to get some money for a Vikings ticket.

BTW, I am a student who is being offered a job with my university. If everything works out, I will have that job. I would indeed be able to scratch up some money for a Vikings ticket or any other sporting event. I also have roommates, so that cuts down on rent. I don't have a car because I am terrified of Atlanta traffic and probably wouldn't make it.

Last edited by green_mariner; 12-16-2010 at 08:17 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul