U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 10:19 PM

4,931 posts, read 8,370,117 times
To go between the two jobs have you considered looking at the houses in Seward and Longfellow along West River Pkwy? There are alot of nice homes on the St. Paul side of the river in the 400k - 1 mil range as well. Both are great areas in my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2011, 06:19 AM

9 posts, read 7,194 times
I've lived in St. Paul for twenty-four years (the last fifteen on Highland Parkway) and I was a Realtor for some of that time. I want to recommend to efex101 to buy a less expensive house on Highland Parkway, or some beautiful place tucked away in Summit Hill or Cathedral Hill in St. Paul, but it just sounds like she'd be afraid of such an "urban" looking area and not realize how safe, comfortable and convenient it is. It's really difficult to make that plunge into the unknown--so much easier to go out into the 'burbs and just make that long drive every day, but it takes years to really get to know a place. On the other hand, I don't see how anybody could walk along Lincoln Ave. just off Grand in St. Paul and not be captivated.

Old 01-14-2011, 07:54 AM

1,635 posts, read 828,951 times
I lived in Macalester Groveland area for years. It's really nice over there, by any measure. Two thumbs up!

Old 01-18-2011, 05:45 PM

50 posts, read 78,303 times
Dancho, yup I am scared of city living and to be honest we like to have some space between our home and the neighbor. I agree that for convenience it would be best but after having lived in Madrid, Spain for many years I am done with city living.
So, I went to Medina and really liked it! the lots are bigger and there are some great areas. Still have to see Shorewood, Deephaven, Chanhassen, Orono...but so far it appears that I like the West/SW side more so than the East side although North Oaks is still in the running...

Old 01-21-2011, 09:33 AM

256 posts, read 314,975 times
If money was no object I would live on Mars, where I would live in a private estate inside of a dome, waited on hand and foot by my eager-to-please servants.
Ok, maybe money should be a little bit of a factor.

Old 03-07-2011, 05:42 PM

50 posts, read 78,303 times
Still looking ugh. Love Medina, Orono, Independance, Stillwater, Afton, yup all over the place

Old 03-08-2011, 11:56 AM

Actually, there is one house. It's less than a mile away, tucked into the corner of a city park. It's a fantastic old house, the park is the backyard, it's on a little one-way street, no traffic. I would love to be able to knock on their door and say "how much for the house?", and when they say "It's not for sale," be able to open a briefcase and say "No... how much for the house?" I know that they have been approached by many people, and when if it ever goes on the market it will sell for WELL over the price of other houses in the neighborhood. One of the few houses that could persude me to move.

Old 03-08-2011, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumIguana View Post
Actually, there is one house. It's less than a mile away, tucked into the corner of a city park. It's a fantastic old house, the park is the backyard, it's on a little one-way street, no traffic. I would love to be able to knock on their door and say "how much for the house?", and when they say "It's not for sale," be able to open a briefcase and say "No... how much for the house?" I know that they have been approached by many people, and when if it ever goes on the market it will sell for WELL over the price of other houses in the neighborhood. One of the few houses that could persude me to move.
You wouldn't be referring to the 3100 block of 11th Ave S that dead ends into Powderhorn Park would you? If you are, that block is awesome. Once we have kids I would love to own one of those houses at the end of the street.

Old 03-08-2011, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
You wouldn't be referring to the 3100 block of 11th Ave S that dead ends into Powderhorn Park would you? If you are, that block is awesome. Once we have kids I would love to own one of those houses at the end of the street.
Close, it's the 3400 block. I see I am not the only one envious of that house. That is a great block, and that house in the corner is the best. I have no idea what that house would sell for, but it would be well over the average price for the neighborhood.

Old 03-08-2011, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumIguana View Post
Close, it's the 3400 block. I see I am not the only one envious of that house. That is a great block, and that house in the corner is the best. I have no idea what that house would sell for, but it would be well over the average price for the neighborhood.
Ohhhh I know what house you're talking about. Yeah, my wife and I have been walking around the park and have talked about how cool it would be to own that house too. The one thing I like about the 3100 block though is it's kind of tucked away but still within walking distance to commercial places we really like, such as Mercado Central, the Midtown Global Market and all the other businesses along Lake St.

Last edited by Cruz Azul Guy; 03-08-2011 at 03:00 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul