Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 06:25 PM

61 posts, read 112,000 times

Advertisements

I have been looking for close to 3 months now for that right home to come along.I would love one by a lake since there is 10,000 lakes there(coming from Denver Co)then i look at other homes with nice back yards and land.But still not at all what i want.I see homes that i kinda like but they are WAY to far from Roger's.And i still have no clue where i will be working when i leave Denver.
My partner is a district mngr in Roger's but does not just stay in one store.Travels all over Minnesota so commute isn't that big of deal.I still go back to the home we first saw in Stillwater.Not on a lake but is very nice and reminds us our home here that we are selling in Denver(Stapleton)
Any suggestions and propery please let me know?Just know cookie cutter homes.And in the price range of 300,000-450,000
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2011, 06:51 PM

5,509 posts, read 11,878,949 times
You should hire a broker. They are paid to find you what you are looking for and answer these questions.

Off the top of my head I don't know a ton of places you can live that are ON a lake for that price, unless it's a condo like Calhoun Beach Club or something like that on Lake Calhoun, which will be smaller and not have any kind of yard to speak of.

Old 04-27-2011, 09:24 PM

20 posts, read 47,616 times
You should get a realtor to help you. Knowing that...we've been looking in the Mounds View school district since Dec. and had been hesitant to put an offer on any home in MN till ours was sold. But since Dec, almost EVERY home that we've looked at has either been sold are in Pending status. Luckily we are under contract, but we have no home to purchase. When you do find the one you want, don't wait. Put an OFFER on it!

Old 04-27-2011, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cammci View Post
You should get a realtor to help you. Knowing that...we've been looking in the Mounds View school district since Dec. and had been hesitant to put an offer on any home in MN till ours was sold. But since Dec, almost EVERY home that we've looked at has either been sold are in Pending status. Luckily we are under contract, but we have no home to purchase. When you do find the one you want, don't wait. Put an OFFER on it!

We do have a realtor.Just not the right one i guess

Old 04-27-2011, 11:13 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,373,570 times
This isn't exactly what you're looking for, but there are some really nice houses/properties on the Mississippi River in Anoka/Champlin/Brooklyn Park in that price range. I'd jump on one of those riverfront properties in a second if I was in your position...that's just me though.

Old 04-28-2011, 03:31 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,308,820 times
The issue is your price range. Finding a lake property in MN for under $450,000 that is in good shape and a reasonable size is just next to impossible. There are places in the metro where you can't even get a lake LOT for that price let alone one with a house on it. You will have better luck looking in the St. Cloud area and west vs looking in the Twin Cities. Try looking in some of the small towns north and west of St. Cloud, maybe around Eden Valley, Watkins, Albany, Melrose, etc. Once you get close to Alexandria prices on a lake will skyrocket again.

The area around Litchfield might also be an option.

Old 04-28-2011, 07:20 AM

1,635 posts, read 2,657,482 times
I had some friends that lived in a little cabin on the Mississippi River bluffs south of St Paul many years back. It had a majestic view, with eagles flying by their window. The cabin had been a safe house for the Dillinger gang back in the 1920's, so it had some history, too.

Old 04-28-2011, 08:29 AM

538 posts, read 1,522,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgal View Post
The issue is your price range. Finding a lake property in MN for under $450,000 that is in good shape and a reasonable size is just next to impossible. There are places in the metro where you can't even get a lake LOT for that price let alone one with a house on it.
Exactly, houses around here on the lakes are in the millions...heck, houses around here on CREEKS are near millions sometimes...even the dumps!

Old 04-28-2011, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
This isn't exactly what you're looking for, but there are some really nice houses/properties on the Mississippi River in Anoka/Champlin/Brooklyn Park in that price range. I'd jump on one of those riverfront properties in a second if I was in your position...that's just me though.

I hear that Brooklyn Park isn't a very good place to live?Is that true?

Old 04-28-2011, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgal View Post
The issue is your price range. Finding a lake property in MN for under $450,000 that is in good shape and a reasonable size is just next to impossible. There are places in the metro where you can't even get a lake LOT for that price let alone one with a house on it. You will have better luck looking in the St. Cloud area and west vs looking in the Twin Cities. Try looking in some of the small towns north and west of St. Cloud, maybe around Eden Valley, Watkins, Albany, Melrose, etc. Once you get close to Alexandria prices on a lake will skyrocket again.

The area around Litchfield might also be an option.
Do they have the small town feel?I like the area around Stillwater.Small town with great little place to shop,eat, and a cute little bar to have a drink at?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul