Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2011, 11:04 AM

60 posts, read 68,859 times

Advertisements

I find the area very clean in some places very dirty in others (the north). Thanks for your inputs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2011, 12:01 PM

20 posts, read 46,090 times
Think about it...

Even grandmas litter on the north side.

Old 06-27-2011, 12:51 PM

1,816 posts, read 3,027,465 times
Care to give more insight into what you mean by dirty? I'm sure there are plenty of northsiders than would beg to differ as they live in clean, northern neighborhoods that are probably as immaculate as southwest Minneapolis.

Minneapolis in general is a very clean city.

Old 06-27-2011, 01:08 PM

1,635 posts, read 2,656,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge, Jury, Executioner View Post
Think about it...

Even grandmas litter on the north side.
And others pick up litter.

Judge, jury, executioner, fool...

Old 06-27-2011, 04:43 PM

1,935 posts, read 5,831,524 times
Maybe the OP and "the Judge" missed the news that a .25mi-wide tornado recently made a 4 mile-long trip journey through the northside, leaving massive destruction/debris in its wake- is this what you mean when you say 'it's dirty' "over North"?. If so, please excuse our mess a-holes!

Old 06-26-2013, 12:07 PM

20 posts, read 46,090 times
The 'nado wasn't missed, I was over north when it hit. Your head is in the sand if you don't think north side residents (Victory not included) litter more frequently, than say, SW residents. Again, even grandmas litter on the north side.

Old 06-26-2013, 12:36 PM

5,993 posts, read 10,187,810 times
I don't think many parts of the city are too dirty. Perhaps the north side and some parts near industrial wastelands in NE Mpls and NW St. Paul, and maybe some suburbs, but honestly compared to other cities/metros our city in incredibly clean, which is SO refreshing! I find adjusting to non-clean cities very very difficult!

Old 06-26-2013, 02:12 PM

367 posts, read 545,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Min-Chi-Cbus View Post
I don't think many parts of the city are too dirty. Perhaps the north side and some parts near industrial wastelands in NE Mpls and NW St. Paul, and maybe some suburbs, but honestly compared to other cities/metros our city in incredibly clean, which is SO refreshing! I find adjusting to non-clean cities very very difficult!

This post is spot on. While the Twin Cities isn't quite as immaculate as it was when I moved here over 20 years ago (which is to be expected given the population increase in that time), the entire metropolitan region as a whole is MUCH cleaner than virtually any other city/area I've lived in or visited (and there have been a number).

Old 06-26-2013, 02:17 PM

5,147 posts, read 7,475,967 times
I find extremes. Some places are as spick and span as an upscale suburb. Other places could be a trailer park. I'm guessing there are parts full of people with no sense of what Minneapolis has been over the decades. Other places mostly populated by people who are from the old Minneapolis or are children whose parents model high expectations. Drive through some parts of town and front yards are burnt out mudholes. In another town, you might use "slum", but some like to believe we don't have slums.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul