U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 08-21-2011, 01:58 AM
 
Location: New Hope, MN
1,834 posts, read 2,485,590 times
Reputation: 532
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgal View Post
Great for you but just so people understand where you are coming from, YOU are ok in a neighborhood with boarded up houses, gang stabbings, numerous rentals that are not kept up, most people are not....
Right... You've accused Slig before to never setting foot in a suburb, though I have to question if you've ever step foot in Minneapolis if you honestly believe that... Gang stabbings, really ? To be honest though, you're probably just down talking the city to everybody who comes here for advice like you've done in the past, several times, and trying to shift them towards Rosemount or who knows where. Who knows. But the OP hasn't come back and given us more details so we don't know what they prefer, so at this point it's ridiculous to just simply recommend our own personal favorite neighborhoods and suburbs.

Ditto to Uptown_Urbanist for also pointing that out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by uptown_urbanist View Post
If you can come back with more details about what YOU want (instead of us wasting your time hashing out what WE prefer), the posters here can do their best to help you narrow down your options.

Last edited by Radical_Car; 08-21-2011 at 02:14 AM..
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-21-2011, 02:28 AM
 
Location: Mableton, GA USA (NW Atlanta suburb, 4 miles OTP)
9,913 posts, read 13,515,261 times
Reputation: 2713
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgal View Post
Great for you but just so people understand where you are coming from, YOU are ok in a neighborhood with boarded up houses, gang stabbings, numerous rentals that are not kept up, most people are not....
*rolls eyes*

Wow.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2011, 06:53 AM
 
20,804 posts, read 29,215,249 times
Reputation: 9763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical_Car View Post
Right... You've accused Slig before to never setting foot in a suburb, though I have to question if you've ever step foot in Minneapolis if you honestly believe that... Gang stabbings, really ? To be honest though, you're probably just down talking the city to everybody who comes here for advice like you've done in the past, several times, and trying to shift them towards Rosemount or who knows where. Who knows. But the OP hasn't come back and given us more details so we don't know what they prefer, so at this point it's ridiculous to just simply recommend our own personal favorite neighborhoods and suburbs.

Ditto to Uptown_Urbanist for also pointing that out.
Just reporting information that Slig himself has said about his neighborhood in the past and recent activity reported in the Trib....

Again, just defining what one person considers "nice".
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2011, 10:33 AM
 
Location: Minneapolis, MN
4,927 posts, read 8,138,070 times
Reputation: 1606
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgal View Post
Just reporting information that Slig himself has said about his neighborhood in the past and recent activity reported in the Trib....

Again, just defining what one person considers "nice".
Maybe you should allow me to provide my own definition of "nice" instead of putting words into my mouth, is that a fair compromise? The post I made about boarded up houses was from 2008....alot has changed in 3 years. So, as an updated report, every house within several blocks of where we live is currently occupied thank you very much.

As for the recent activity reported in the Trib, that happened on the border of Central and Powderhorn Park and not in my neighborhood so once again, your information is inaccurate.

Another nice tidbit, there have been at least 2 murders in Rosemount since the last time there was a murder in my neighborhood, so if that's what you consider "nice" and "safe" than people should probably take that into consideration when reading your posts.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2011, 07:00 AM
 
Location: Home in NOMI
1,635 posts, read 743,745 times
Reputation: 740
I'm living in Mpls with my partner and one, two, three teenage kids plus one in college. Our combined income is less than $80K, so we had to be smart in finding a place we could afford to live that didn't scare us off from its urban location. And we found an ideal home.

Spend some time, and shop around. If you are willing to live in a "non GG approved" neighborhood, you can do it.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top