U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 12:00 AM

41 posts, read 44,942 times
Default For my own reference

This is farther away than I wanted, but if I had to, I might MAYBE consider something like this!

150 Portland Avenue #202, Minneapolis MN - Trulia
Listing Info for 150 Portland Ave #202

Most recent information provided by cbburnet.com on 11/08/2011 12:52 AM:
  • Price: $475,000
  • MLS/Source ID: 4096127
  • 2 Bedrooms
  • 1 full, 1 partial Bathroom
  • 1,591 sqft
  • Condo
  • Built In 1900
  • Waterfront
  • Garage
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2011, 12:46 AM

Arrow 55403 - this is where i want to be

55403 - this is where I want to be

Old 11-09-2011, 12:56 AM

Question $60 k for 400 sq feet in Downtown West...

I found some property listings on Downtown West from Coldwell Bankers Burnett. The smallest listing is a tiny one bedroom on the first floor of a building for $60 K.

Property Search - Property Results - Coldwell Banker Burnet - CBBurnet.com

Old 11-09-2011, 01:00 AM

Thumbs down $90 K for one bedroom at the towers open style Loft

710 sq feet and one bedroom is pretty small, but could possibly suit our needs...

Bedroom 1:
14x11, Main Level

Living Room:
14x11, Main Level

Kitchen:
12x10, Main Level

Dining Room:
14x10, Main Level

I dont want to be ten floors up though - two or three floors up is as high as I could deal with I think.

19 1St Street S #B1006, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55401 (MLS# 4073451) - Coldwell Banker Burnet - CBBurnet.com

Old 11-09-2011, 01:08 AM

Question Who lives close to new Target stadium?

Does anyone live at 5th Avenue lofts in the Warehouse District?
Do you like it?

How easy is it to get to Downtown West?
Do you go by bus, car or metro?
What about light rail?

Thanks.

Old 11-09-2011, 04:50 AM

Wink Downtown West

"I was eager to see the ranked list of 30 best Twin Cities neighborhoods in TWIN CITIES METRO magazine's latest issue... and was surprised to find the list wasn't the typical list I expected to see. Most 'best neighborhoods' lists are based on things such as trendy neighborhoods and shopping districts, noteworthy parks and architecture, up and coming neighborhood trends, etc. This list is based on real statistical data... and Minneapolis Downtown West came out on top!

At first I was surprised that Downtown Westwas named the most livable neighborhood... but when I thought about the ranked criteria that went into the selection process from a statistical standpoint it made perfect sense: housing cost, transit, recreation, safety, schools, arts & culture, diversity, restaurants, retail outlets, food/gas, bars.
In spite of higher housing costs and streets that aren't necessarily the safest at night, where else in the city do you have ready access to such diverse opportunities without even getting into your car!

Minneapolis Downtown West has the longest continuous skyway system in the world (8 miles connecting 69 buildings), Light Rail Transit with 19 stations extending from Target Field to the Mall of America, and Nice Ride, the nation's largest bike sharing system.
In addition to all this, it has...
  • Parks, trails, recreation... riverfront, The Depot (one of the 10 best places to ice skate in the US!)... with Nicollet Island and Loring Park nearby
  • A plethora of public art, plus free music and festivals throughout the year... Aquatennial, Peavey Plaza summer music, Holidazzle Parade... with nearby Stone Arch & Loring Park Art Festivals, free concerts and movies on Nicollet Island
  • Live music and performance theaters with world-class performances of every genre... home of the Minnesota Orchestra, First Avenue, Minnesota Dance Theater & The Dance Institute, Orpheum-State-Pantages historic Theaters, Cowles Center for Dance and the Performing Arts... with Guthrie Theater nearby
  • Close to three professional sports & entertainment stadiums... Target Field (Twins), Target Center (Timberwolves), Metrodome (Vikings)
  • Public charter school and multiple colleges, universities, specialty schools... FAIR arts centered public school, University of St. Thomas, McPhail Center for Music... nearby Metropolitan State University
  • First class library... stunning design by architect Cesar Pelli"

All of the above is quoted --
Some info from Homes MSP Real Estate Blog: Minneapolis' Most Livable Neighborhood

Good to know! And that's a REALLY good point about gas prices. My tank went from $20 a tank in the 90s to $50 a tank now - same car! Crazay.

the biggest bummer to me is the expense of the housing market and the fact that there are "no cozy houses on quiet tree-lined trees"

Old 11-09-2011, 05:19 AM

Question Lowry Hill - not just mansions?

"Lowry Hill was the first established select neighborhood in Minneapolis. Today, Lowry Hill remains a highly desirable neighborhood, with a stable population and high income residents. Overwhelmingly, this is an area of very large single-family homes, most still undivided. A thin edge of apartments and retail fronts Hennepin Avenue, with townhousing along Franklin as far west as Fremont Avenue. "

Lowry Hill Real Estate | Minneapolis Homes for Sale | Ben Ganje, Downtown Resource Group

This property is $110 k to buy but has $3 k a year in taxes?
Can that possibly be right? That sounds really high plus the $400 HOA fees every month. Huh.

Address:Unit B206 - 48 Groveland Ter

Old 11-09-2011, 06:53 AM

9,996 posts, read 13,987,368 times
Your link shows it listed for $225k, not $110, and with a $471 fee. Yes, that sounds right.

Old 11-09-2011, 07:00 AM

I assume you pay more to be on a higher floor -- better views. It's not like it's a walk-up; there are elevators.

Old 11-09-2011, 07:06 AM

Given just how many "cozy houses on quiet tree-lined streets" there are in the Twin Cities -- even in WALKING DISTANCE to downtown, then what's the problem???

And actually, for what it's worth, I think there are far better neighborhoods in terms of ease for living without a car. Downtown is getting there, but it's still lacking some basic amenities. It's a great option for many, though, especially those who work downtown or can commute via lightrail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul