Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2012, 01:15 PM

275 posts, read 332,207 times

Advertisements

Hi, my family is planning on buying a home in the Diamond Lake neighborhood, and I wanted to know if it is a good neighborhood. I have yet to go see it, and so I wanted some opinions.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2012, 11:16 PM

988 posts, read 1,828,532 times
My general advice and memory would say yes it is a "good neighborhood", though that is dependent on what you call a "good neighborhood". Most Minneapolis neighborhoods are on the relatively "good" side, at least in terms of crime rate as compared to many large cities. That said, what I think is a good neighborhood isn't necessarily the same as you or others. What feel and amenities are you looking for? Also, if I may be frank, why are you buying a home somewhat sight unseen? That seems like a major decision to make without some solid knowledge - at least to "lay eyes" on the home and neighborhood. What is attracting you to the house and area?

Old 02-25-2012, 12:29 PM

10,624 posts, read 26,736,582 times
I think it's a nice enough neighborhood, but like GBCommenter points out, that depends on what you want in a neighborhood. Might want to check out airplane noise, too.

Old 02-25-2012, 01:33 PM

5,993 posts, read 10,192,034 times
I LOVE Diamond Lake! It's where my wife and I were looking at homes at one point!

Old 02-27-2012, 11:33 AM

409 posts, read 1,241,489 times
I grew up in Diamond Lake in the 90s and early 00s, and it was a great neighborhood to grow up in. Very low crime, plenty of parks and other kids, and relatively quiet streets. It's the kind of neighborhood where young kids still bike to school, eachothers houses, corner stores, and parks. Close enough to both downtown and the near south suburbs, so just about anything you could want is within your reach.

I loved living in Diamond Lake, and I often wish my sisters, who did more of their growing up in East Harriet, rather that Diamond Lake, could have had that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul