U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2012, 06:58 AM

793 posts, read 1,879,934 times

Advertisements

We are crossing the Can/US boarder in a few weeks for relaxing and shopping. I need tires for my van (not bringing the van with us) and have been told, you can get tires for less than you pay in Canada. Whether it's true, i don't know. We will be spending a few days in St. Paul. Or are they maybe cheaper outside the Metropolitan area? Looking for 4 215/70R15s. Mine are completely warn out. Used tires are okay too as long they are in good condition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2012, 09:29 AM

989 posts, read 2,476,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djf863000 View Post
We are crossing the Can/US boarder in a few weeks for relaxing and shopping. I need tires for my van (not bringing the van with us) and have been told, you can get tires for less than you pay in Canada. Whether it's true, i don't know. We will be spending a few days in St. Paul. Or are they maybe cheaper outside the Metropolitan area? Looking for 4 215/70R15s. Mine are completely warn out. Used tires are okay too as long they are in good condition.
If you want cheap, look at fleet farm. They carry some bargain brands and cooper tires in the main stream category. I just bought a new set of tires from Fred's tires in Stillwater. I found them to be very easy to work with and prices were competitive. You can also go online and get some good prices from tire rack. They will deliver them, so that may be useful only in seeing what the best price is - use that to see if local dealers will match it. Tires Plus is generally pretty good on price. Thing you want to avoid is paying higher price with included services like rotation. Some shops really push that to get price up a bit.

Old 03-01-2012, 09:47 AM

1,669 posts, read 5,264,712 times
Discount Tire is a chain of tire stores here with locations all over, you can check their prices online.

Tire Products By Vehicle - Discount Tire

Old 03-01-2012, 11:08 AM

2,869 posts, read 2,500,856 times
eBay. I got a set of four 205/55/16 for a little over $30 and picked them up about an hour from the TC. These tires are typically around $60 a piece, and these were pretty much brand new, so essentially I got the set for close to 20% of what they are in a store.

Of course I understand that this is probably not an option for you, but just thought I'd throw the thought out there.

Old 03-07-2012, 05:04 PM

339 posts, read 472,329 times
Costco.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul