Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 05:12 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,278,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA1114 View Post
I see a lot of greyhounds in my neighborhood wearing coats. It does make sense during this cold weather. My dog has a thicker coat but the cold really bothers her feet. Almost immediately she starts lifting up her paws. I have dog boots (muttluks) for her she actually likes them, she waits patiently while I put them on her and then she takes off running through the snow.

You will really just have to see how your dog reacts to the cold and then see what you will have to do to make her comfortable.

Good Luck!
Maybe your dog can come teach my dog that the muttluks are a good thing! Our dog just won't go for walks in the cold, she's a big baby, all 10 pounds of her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2007, 01:06 PM

2,885 posts, read 1,983,102 times
LOL Slig (puuuto!)

My dog(s) never wore anything. I have a ****zu and we go around the block on days like today 1 above zero. He does walk a lot faster in the cold though! No after-effects on any dog(s) I ever had.

Old 12-18-2007, 08:41 PM

15 posts, read 85,702 times
Our neighbors have 2 grayhounds and in the winter they put coats on them. A lot of people put coats on their dogs when they take them for walks or for outside play time.

Old 12-19-2007, 12:32 AM

638 posts, read 3,122,768 times
My dog is a 7 year old Schiz-poo and he really is unhappy with the winter this year. We clip his coat very short because he's a real boy and loves to get very muddy and dirty. During the freezing cold snap we had earlier this month, he wanted his jacket on and then ran out, did his duty, and tried to come back in on only 2-3 legs because of his cold feet.

With this nicer weather this past week; he doesn't want the jacket on to go outside and will stay out and run around the yard a bit before he comes running in on all 4 legs.

Old 12-19-2007, 06:19 AM

370 posts, read 902,790 times
We have two dogs that we moved with us from FL. Seven years old, 75 pounds, lab/shepherd mix with pretty short hair. They love the snow and just run out to the trees to do their business with no complaints.

Old 12-26-2007, 12:51 AM

18 posts, read 62,770 times
Some dogs just love the snow. It is something for them to play in, others just have a fit. I have 2 terriers, one old and the other young. The old dog has to be talked to about going outside, so you probably will need a coat. They are readily available here, but you don't see dogs wearing them except to be cute. Minnesota is a hunting state so many of the dogs certainly would not be caught dead in a coat. My Mothers Beagle has to be coaxed outside so I presume it is the individual personality of the dog. You will jsut have to get to know your dog and its preferences. Minnesotans love there dogs and the state abounds in them. Many apartment do not allow them so check before you rent

Old 12-26-2007, 03:09 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,759,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
Clothing your dogs with winter apparel? People's infatuation and glorification of animals in American society is absolutely embarrassing. As any Chicano/Latino would say....que puuuto

The only time I approve is when someone dresses a Daschund up in a hot dog outfit, because its funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul