Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 09:43 PM

7 posts, read 17,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moving123456 View Post
Heating a 1 million square foot home will be VERY expensive!
HAHAHAHAHA!!!! Cracked me up on that one! Yes, I mean 1000 sq ft...

This is to everyone who's responded in this thread: Thanks a bunch! It was really great of you all to take the time out and add your thoughts here, and I very much appreciate it. From everything you all have writen, it seems like a nice place to call home (still question the winter months, though)...

So it looks like I'll be ditching the bike for cross-country skiiing...And to add another humorous twist, I'm assuming you guys don't have a municipal soccer league, right? : ) (I was suprised to find you actually have a minor-league professional soccer team. I'll definitely be taking in the games there if the weather's good)...

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2007, 05:22 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,081,847 times
Many towns have adult soccer leagues run through the parks and recreation boards in the city. You won't have a problem finding somewhere to play soccer.

Old 09-12-2007, 07:14 AM

987 posts, read 3,803,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troubador View Post
'm assuming you guys don't have a municipal soccer league, right? : ) (I was suprised to find you actually have a minor-league professional soccer team.
I played Minnesota Recreational Soccer League. There's also MASL, check it out. In the winter we play in domes, Big white eggshells that are held up by air and heated to about 55F. Good rubberized indoor turf.

Old 09-12-2007, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuan View Post
I played Minnesota Recreational Soccer League. There's also MASL, check it out. In the winter we play in domes, Big white eggshells that are held up by air and heated to about 55F. Good rubberized indoor turf.
REALLY?!?!?! Awesome! Now I'm ready to relocate! Can you provide a link to the MRSL? That would be great.

Thanks!

Old 09-13-2007, 07:37 AM

Quote:
REALLY?!?!?! Awesome! Now I'm ready to relocate! Can you provide a link to the MRSL? That would be great.

Thanks!
Heh. MRSL - Home

There's also indoor league like this: City of Plymouth, Minnesota

Old 09-13-2007, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Heh. MRSL - Home

There's also indoor league like this: City of Plymouth, Minnesota
Awesome, Kuan, and thanks again. I can't tell you how great it is to know you guys have an organized soccer league. And here I thought it was nothing but Football, Hockey and Skiiing Northern Midwesterners were in to...

Old 09-14-2007, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Awesome, Kuan, and thanks again. I can't tell you how great it is to know you guys have an organized soccer league. And here I thought it was nothing but Football, Hockey and Skiiing Northern Midwesterners were in to...
Hey watch it now what you say about hockey!

That's something you might wanna look into as well. The grownups play real late at night though, games have been known to start at 11pm or midnight. But if you haven't gone down to the park and knocked the puck around with the kids you haven't lived yet!

Old 09-14-2007, 12:37 PM

6,615 posts, read 16,496,429 times
Quote:

Well don't forget curling and broomball! Lots of clubs, I understand.

Old 09-14-2007, 07:38 PM

And if you're in Bemidji you can eat at Dave's Pizza and meet Pete Fenson. He's a celebrity don'tcha know.

Old 09-14-2007, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Hey watch it now what you say about hockey!

That's something you might wanna look into as well. The grownups play real late at night though, games have been known to start at 11pm or midnight. But if you haven't gone down to the park and knocked the puck around with the kids you haven't lived yet!
Oh yeah that would be great! I've never played hockey before, but would love to try it out (the closest I've been is playing "broom ball.") I took in several games of the Dallas Stars (Northstars to you), and loved the speed of the game. Not sure how I'd fare on the ice, though, considering I haven't skated for well over ten years now...

---Just read Ben Around's post: nice to hear broom ball is played. I absolutely loved it when I played it in Houston. Curling is an interesting sport. At first when I saw it I thought it was a joke, to be honest. I mean having guys down at the end sweeping the roadway clear for the...what do you call it, an oversized puck??? But, after watching several rounds of it, I started to appreciate the delicacy and strategy of the sport, sort of like chess on ice, if that's an accurate analogy...Would love to give Curiling a go as well!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul