Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 07:22 PM

72,979 posts, read 62,563,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
The timing of the Martin/Zimmerman case is what brings the racial element into this conversation. You can't have the National Media pushing for total outrage & Al Sharpton, et al play, play, playing the race card at every turn when a Black guy gets killed by a Hispanic & then pretend roving black mobs attacking Whites/Asians doesn't have a racial element to it. The mob attacks on Whites (primarily) by Blacks has been gaining steam the last couple years with racially motivated attacks by Black mobs happening in NYC, Philly, Chicago, Milwaukee, Las Vegas, Denver & now perhaps Mpls. If a gang of 25+ White guys ran down the streets of Las Vegas shouting "White boys!!" at Black people while attacking them it would be the single biggest news story in America, but since it's Black on White it barely gets a mention. Something doesn't seem right.
In your humble opinion, why do you think the media is not reporting on this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2012, 10:31 AM

5,147 posts, read 7,474,724 times
It is all racial. But it is hard to see how you can justify any event by referring to another event. There's is a systematic breakdown of the family that is not racial at all. And the evidence is right out there in the streets. Too many people getting married with the woman already pregnant, only to find out that the only compatibility was in bed. As a result we spend our days surrounded by youth who have no concept of living a purposeful life. Their role models were clueless, too. Some people really need to be sterilized. But we know that solution is totally beyond reach. So we get to look forward to a steady stream of youth into the streets and then becoming public burdens in the prisons.

Old 04-13-2012, 11:33 AM

989 posts, read 2,960,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarley_1LOVE View Post
Just saw the news: Man in North Minneapolis killed for his bicycle (Shooter arrested) Are they making bicycles made of gold or something? i dont get the guilt of killing someone and the risk of going to jail for.............. a bicycle
items = rocks. bike = rock, car stereo = rock, rims = rocks ....

This is drug crime.

Old 04-13-2012, 11:44 AM

7,713 posts, read 4,745,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
In your humble opinion, why do you think the media is not reporting on this?
Good question? Why didn't the media cover the 2009 Hate Crimes Law excluding Whites from equal protection under the law?

I'm curious to see if 5,500 Minnnesotans will hold a vigil/protest rally for the shooting of the kid in Mpls over the bicycle as they did for the shooting of the kid in Florida?

Old 04-13-2012, 01:22 PM

2,330 posts, read 3,808,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifford63 View Post
items = rocks. bike = rock, car stereo = rock, rims = rocks ....

This is drug crime.
An article in today's Star Tribune reports the shooter was up for civil commitment due to mental health issues but was never committed. It is best not to speculate about the causes of a crime unless you have specific knowledge of it. There may be a drug element to this shooting but there is obviously more to it as well.

Old 04-13-2012, 02:18 PM

989 posts, read 2,960,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewcifer View Post
An article in today's Star Tribune reports the shooter was up for civil commitment due to mental health issues but was never committed. It is best not to speculate about the causes of a crime unless you have specific knowledge of it. There may be a drug element to this shooting but there is obviously more to it as well.

The saying goes something along these lines. A drug addict that is not able to embrace recovery will end up in one of three places. Jail, institution or a pine box. Perhaps it is best to let the facts come out before making judgement. I will be surprised if this is not a drug case.

Old 04-13-2012, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Good question? Why didn't the media cover the 2009 Hate Crimes Law excluding Whites from equal protection under the law?

I'm curious to see if 5,500 Minnnesotans will hold a vigil/protest rally for the shooting of the kid in Mpls over the bicycle as they did for the shooting of the kid in Florida?
I have a feeling if any of this was reported, Black people as a whole would be hated all over the USA. The thing is, these violent acts aren't being committed by the majority of Blacks. It's a small part of the Black population doing this. However, if this did get out on the national news, I think Blacks would be hated nationwide.

Old 04-13-2012, 07:05 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,076,879 times
Quote:
I have a feeling if any of this was reported, Black people as a whole would be hated all over the USA. The thing is, these violent acts aren't being committed by the majority of Blacks. It's a small part of the Black population doing this. However, if this did get out on the national news, I think Blacks would be hated nationwide.
Why would people hate black people because of a law passed by politicians, most of whom are probably white?

Old 04-13-2012, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsteiner View Post
Why would people hate black people because of a law passed by politicians, most of whom are probably white?
I wasn't talking about a law. I was talking about what might happen if the "flash mob" violence was reported on the news on a national law. The law is merely a footnote.

I know that the flash mobs are occurring. I know that the gang attacks are being committed by young Black men. I know that this has happened in other cities. I also haven't seen this much in the national news. I've heard of it on the city-data forums. I have also found it through other sources. I am worried for many reasons. It worries me because people are getting hurt. The actions at the Wisconsin State Fair made it very hard for people to have a good time at the fair. It is also disturbing for another reason. Because these actions are being committed by young Black men(well mostly men), it brings alot of shame.

People who apply the bad actions of a few people of a certain race to the entire race often do so out of hatred. That being said, there are some people who don't start out prejudice and then turn prejudice after seeing certain things. It's not the 1950s. However, race relations can get bad if this crap keeps happening, and then gets out to the national media.

Old 04-14-2012, 12:02 AM

7,713 posts, read 4,745,648 times
Quote:
I wasn't talking about a law. I was talking about what might happen if the "flash mob" violence was reported on the news on a national law. The law is merely a footnote.

I know that the flash mobs are occurring. I know that the gang attacks are being committed by young Black men. I know that this has happened in other cities. I also haven't seen this much in the national news. I've heard of it on the city-data forums. I have also found it through other sources. I am worried for many reasons. It worries me because people are getting hurt. The actions at the Wisconsin State Fair made it very hard for people to have a good time at the fair. It is also disturbing for another reason. Because these actions are being committed by young Black men(well mostly men), it brings alot of shame.

People who apply the bad actions of a few people of a certain race to the entire race often do so out of hatred. That being said, there are some people who don't start out prejudice and then turn prejudice after seeing certain things. It's not the 1950s. However, race relations can get bad if this crap keeps happening, and then gets out to the national media.
I always maintain that 99% of "race" is actually "class". Eddie Murphy, Halle Berry & Oprah aren't flash mobbing people. Racial attacks seem to come from the bottom rung of the socio-economic ladder, regardless of who's committing them. If some dirt-poor, Hillbilly, Klansman kills a Black guy in Arkansas that too is just a small % of people who think like that, not proof positive that racism is widespread in America, so maybe the better question is why does the media sensationalize some attacks & not others?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul