Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2012, 08:28 PM

79 posts, read 183,992 times

Advertisements

the title says it all. I wrote a post before about an educated black neighborhood because I generally like to hang with educated black females and have no problem dating educated black men, but i've been there done that and i'm ready for a change.

is it like where I live where the white men only like stick figures or can you have some meat on your bones? lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2012, 08:52 PM

5,509 posts, read 11,872,410 times
ANYWHERE! Any open-minded white guy will give you the time of day as long as you give him yours...and it doesn't hurt to be smokin' hot either (meat or bones)!

Old 05-29-2012, 09:06 PM

19 posts, read 45,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mscbrown View Post
the title says it all. I wrote a post before about an educated black neighborhood because I generally like to hang with educated black females and have no problem dating educated black men, but i've been there done that and i'm ready for a change.

is it like where I live where the white men only like stick figures or can you have some meat on your bones? lol
wow.

Old 06-02-2012, 09:58 AM

1,706 posts, read 3,308,022 times
I am recalling as a white male who lived there over 10 years ago, who was with a black woman:

My experience of MN was of a very open environment that was inviting to all. If you don't have any barriers yourself and are as open as the locals, you should have no problems finding someone that fits your ideal. I found the men honest, sports crazy, but very down-to-earth and capable of sincere contact.

Perhaps you could get into some sporting activities or seek to learn, as an entry way into their hearts?

Old 06-02-2012, 07:58 PM

5,509 posts, read 11,872,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kin Atoms View Post
I am recalling as a white male who lived there over 10 years ago, who was with a black woman:

My experience of MN was of a very open environment that was inviting to all. If you don't have any barriers yourself and are as open as the locals, you should have no problems finding someone that fits your ideal. I found the men honest, sports crazy, but very down-to-earth and capable of sincere contact.

Perhaps you could get into some sporting activities or seek to learn, as an entry way into their hearts?
White men LOVE football, but play hockey!

If you're going to take the sports route to their hearts, just remember: sincere interest in learning about sports he likes is BY FAR more sexy (to me, at least) than when a women pretends to like and/or know about the teams her guy likes. Oddly, I'm the kind of guy who doesn't like it when my wife gets more into the game than I do, even though that's many guys' fantasy! If you're that type of girl -- that's GREAT -- just don't pretend to be! "Innocently oblivious but shows interest anyways" is a very likable and respectable trait in a woman!

K, no more dating advice from me.....just wanted to set the record straight on the perception of women's involvement in men's sports interests.

Old 06-06-2012, 08:40 AM

160 posts, read 264,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mscbrown View Post
I generally like to hang with educated black females and have no problem dating educated black men, but i've been there done that and i'm ready for a change.
Just a bit curious, what was your overall experience dating educated black men?

Old 08-31-2012, 05:27 PM

2 posts, read 17,369 times
I find this funning only because when I try to talk to a black women here in Minnesota and they give me that look like who you talking to whitey. Or I've been told I'm in the wrong neighbor hood. Which I was in the right place because I lived down the block. But I will say this. A really sexy black women is intimidating some times to approach. Perhaps the lady's need to make the first?
When It comes down to Minnesota the dating is open here. I have dated all kinds of different ethnicities. When I was in washington state I dated a gorgeous black women from Renton. The place of Jimi Hendrix if you didn't know. She had come muscles on her. That is sexy.

Old 08-31-2012, 05:30 PM

2 posts, read 17,369 times
You could learn to hunt to. Thats something else we do here lol. That would really put the surprise on a guy.

Old 09-03-2012, 07:18 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,367,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleshean View Post
I find this funning only because when I try to talk to a black women here in Minnesota and they give me that look like who you talking to whitey. Or I've been told I'm in the wrong neighbor hood.
Considering there is no neighborhood in the Twin Cities that isn't at minimum 20% white the neighborhood comment makes little sense to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul