Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2007, 01:32 PM

9 posts, read 26,898 times

Advertisements

We are looking at moving back to MSP (from the south states) and like the Andover area. When we lived in MSP 5 years ago Andover was just starting to "grow" and if we did not move away we would have likely picked this town to buy a house.

I would like to know if it is getting out of control at this time - too big, too fast? What are the demographics - high income or middle? Home prices? How about the school reputations (not what I read on the school websites). Lastly, are the roads totally packed or can we get around somewhat easily?

THANKS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2007, 03:22 PM

2,507 posts, read 8,561,493 times
IMO, Andover and alot of places like it grew too fast. It is mostly white, upper-middle class (not rich), good schools (not great), traffic would be bad, IMO. Andover isn't a bad place, but there are alot better suburbs in the cities.

Old 09-24-2007, 06:00 PM

5 posts, read 15,481 times
Dont move to andover! Please take my advice. This town has grown way to quickly. The roads are terrible here, not only are they too small, they are also in horrible condition. The schools are ok. Depending on where you work plan on spending a lot of time sitting in traffic coming from and to this town. Look at areas like Maple Grove or anything in the west metro is much much better.

Old 03-27-2008, 08:13 PM

1 posts, read 2,786 times
Smile Andover

Andover is a great family area!!!! The schools are excellent & very close in proximity to each other (elementary, middle & high school). The roads aren't great! But they aren't the worst either! There are so many families - everyone is very involved w/ their kids in this area! Be it sports or school - the parents actually know what their kids are doing! Easy 30 minute commute to Mpls. If you want to be around middle to upper class families w/ good values Woodland Estates is a great neighborhood!!!

Old 03-28-2008, 07:06 PM

56 posts, read 223,466 times
Default Andover is Great

I live in Andover and like it just fine.. My boy goes to Rum River Elem and is thriving at the school. My 4 year old goes to a local daycare center and is also doing great- he has learned how to sign lanuage there (FYI- he is not hearing imparied) My neighborhood is full of kids and they play ball in the road (circle dead end) and I love to watch them having so much fun! My two toddlers can play out in the driveway and ride their bikes safely as there are so many older kids outside who watch out for them..There is a playground in our neighborhood with no public acess. We have a neighborhood newsletter and lots of events! There are gatherings and get togethers at the park. There was even a dunk tank at one of them! There is a playgroup for the stay at home mom's, a women's group and more! It is a great family area. I drive each day to Mendota Heights from Andover (39 miles) to work and find the roads and traffic to be fine. The YMCA community center has work out, a great pool and hockey ice rink. My family goes there on a regular basis. I would Highly reccomend moving to Andover and those who don't shouldn't live here! I grew up Uptown Mpls and New Brighton area. I would much rather have my kids live here in Andover. That all being said- my husband is being transfered to a different state- and we are struggling to decide if we will move or try to change employment to stay in Andover- so.. if we need to move- Want to buy our house????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul