Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 06:29 PM

191 posts, read 380,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOrleanianLA1 View Post
I am considering Roseville as a place to live as a potential relocation to the Twin Cities. Since this thread is about Roseville, I happen to have a question regarding crime rate in a specific area since I do not know anything about Roseville.

Is North Victoria Street neighborhood in Roseville south of Highway 36 safe to live?

I would appreciate any comments about this area. Thanks!
It's a terrific area--very quiet and safe!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2012, 12:11 AM

56 posts, read 112,661 times
All I know about Roseville is that is where Richard Dean Anderson grew up! But of course he doesn't live there anymore he's in Malibu, CA.

Old 09-04-2012, 03:17 PM

38 posts, read 60,054 times
Not to thread hijack or anything, but my husband and I just closed on our home in Arden Hills, a few blocks away from Roseville.

Old 09-06-2012, 09:12 PM

20 posts, read 47,586 times
We love New Brighton---schools are great (Irondale is high school, High View is middle) and it's such an easy commute to either Minneapolis or St. Paul. Target/Menards is just an exit away from Silver Lake...and a few miles up the road is a Walmart. There are plenty of grocery stores (Cubs/Rainbow in Fridley) and a Byerly's in Roseville. Rosedale is an awesome mall, much easier than going to MoA. From New Brighton it's an easy car ride to Coon Rapids and Blaine. Roseville is a 5-10 min. drive from New Brighton.

People here are very nice. We had looked in Arden Hills/Roseville/North Oaks and we think we got a great house for a good price in NB. Our neighborhood is fairly young (more kids in elementary than in our age group of HS/Middle School). I like NB since the houses are all different looking...not like a cookie cutter neighborhood. You won't find an old home here though (like in St. Paul---the craftsman/victorian, etc.) and the only one we found that was over 50 years old was in Roseville.

Old 09-13-2012, 03:23 PM

5 posts, read 7,793 times
I lived on the west and east sides of Roseville, and loved the western part most. St. Anthony/ New Brighton area. VERY safe, convenient, tons of parks, nice walking paths and kid friendly. I'm a 30 year old step mom of one. I can't wait to finally buy a house in that area.

Old 09-13-2012, 03:43 PM

1,114 posts, read 2,424,414 times
I have to admit, I drove through a bunch of Roseville a few weeks back, and I didn't love it. My biggest complaint was that it felt like the streets were fairly narrow and fairly busy for biking or walking with kids on, and there were no sidewalks to compensate (so basically the negatives of both city housing and suburb housing). The houses looked ok, but nothing that totally got me excited. I did like some blocks on the western edge, and on into Lauderdale, St Anthony, etc.

I'll also admit that I didn't cover the whole town, or necessarily plan anything out (randomly driving after my daughter fell asleep in the car), so I may have missed some good parts.

Old 03-21-2014, 12:51 PM

1 posts, read 887 times
Default School districts in Roseville

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgal View Post
Roseville is it's own District. It wouldn't be my first choices of districts to consider on that side of the cities. There are much better options, the Mounds View schools as well as Mahtomedi schools.
I have lived in Roseville over 10 yrs, and my son graduated from HS here. Most of Roseville is in the Roseville school district, however, last I looked, the northwest corner of Rsvl is in the Mounds View School District ..... at least, last I was aware of. So check it out.

I was impressed by the Rsvl SD. The diversity is quite a bit more than it was some 40 yrs ago, probably somewhat affected by the addition of so many grad students in UofMN housing within the area. And that is good, as many grad students are from other countries, and they highly value education, so their expectations are big as well.

Old 03-21-2014, 01:30 PM

6,546 posts, read 7,129,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeInRoseville View Post
I have lived in Roseville over 10 yrs, and my son graduated from HS here. Most of Roseville is in the Roseville school district, however, last I looked, the northwest corner of Rsvl is in the Mounds View School District ..... at least, last I was aware of. So check it out.

I was impressed by the Rsvl SD. The diversity is quite a bit more than it was some 40 yrs ago, probably somewhat affected by the addition of so many grad students in UofMN housing within the area. And that is good, as many grad students are from other countries, and they highly value education, so their expectations are big as well.
I live in the northwest corner of Roseville and my house in the Mounds View school district, which I find odd. St Anthony district is basically 100 ft beyond my backyard and New Brighton is a block away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul