Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 01:48 PM

15 posts, read 174,846 times

Advertisements

We are looking for buy a house in Dakota county. The one that I am looking is on Concord Street N neighborhood of South St paul. It is very close to the train tracks as I looked from the map. Can anyone tell me about the noise and how is the neighborhood? I heard Minneapolis and st paul is getting really bad but I have no idea which area should be avoided.

Help me please! I will move with the kid. A ton of thanks for your opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2007, 01:54 PM

20,793 posts, read 61,294,149 times
Concord St in South St Paul is not a nice area. It is pretty run down and it is a busy road to boot. South St. Paul is it's own city, not really in St. Paul at all. There are nice areas of SSP but that is not one of them. I would keep looking. If you want to be in SSP try staying around Marie Ave, give or take about 12 blocks and no further south then about 5th Ave or so and north of 494. This is pretty general but it gives you a target anyway.

Old 10-01-2007, 02:41 PM

Thank you very much for your opinion Golfgal.

Really ,It is too bad since i really like that house.. ..the house is around Concord St N & Wentworth,next to Concord Pl. the house not very pricy maybe that why!

Old 10-01-2007, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittlePumpkin View Post
Thank you very much for your opinion Golfgal.

Really ,It is too bad since i really like that house.. ..the house is around Concord St N & Wentworth,next to Concord Pl. the house not very pricy maybe that why!

I am sure that is why. South St. Paul has some very inexpensive houses that are smaller, if that is ok, that are in nice areas. It is probably one of the most affordable areas in the metro right now and it is pretty convienent. You don't want to live on Concord anywhere.

Old 10-01-2007, 09:14 PM

How about around Humboldt Avenue of West St Paul, MN ? Thank you !!!

Old 10-01-2007, 09:36 PM

751 posts, read 1,178,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittlePumpkin View Post
How about around Humboldt Avenue of West St Paul, MN ? Thank you !!!
That is by Robert St and Wentworth Ave. It is not a great area, but it is not terrible either. Robert Street is a pretty busy street, so you get a bit of "bad elements" there. I would call it an average to below average area. I would not be concerned about bullets flying in that area, but crime does occur in the area.

Old 10-02-2007, 03:07 AM

You don't want to be anywhere north of Annapolis St. in West St. Paul. Butler Ave and south are better choices but then again, you aren't going to find inexpensive houses there either.

Old 10-02-2007, 06:37 AM

Thank you very much Lukeache and again golfgal.. I really appreciated your opinion. I might try to look somewhere around Anoka instead.

Old 10-04-2007, 07:09 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,368,595 times
I don't follow the crime stats of these areas very closely at all but it would seem to me that they aren't that bad, especially in comparison to areas of Eastside St. Paul and around Rice/Dale and University and the North end. Some of these neighborhoods on Westside St. Paul get misappropriately labeled as bad neighborhoods because they are heavily Hispanic and that runs off into some of South and West St. Paul. However, from my experiences these don't seem to be areas I would deem "unsafe."

Old 10-12-2007, 09:16 AM

60 posts, read 191,172 times
I recently moved from South St. Paul and I miss it a lot. The people are so nice and friendly. But the houses on concord are typically really run down, I mean some are scary. some of them are basically built so when you walk out your front door you are on concord. there are some great and I mean great bargains in South St Paul. the biggest crime in south st paul is graffiti and garage break-ins, so it is definitely safe. between west st paul and south st paul I would say south st paul is better. check out this mls number it is a great looking house in a nice part of town. MLS ID# 3449021
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul