U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2007, 09:54 PM

3 posts, read 11,898 times

Advertisements

GREETINGS EVERYONE
I AM SHA A PROUD MOTHER OF 4 WHO WANTS EVERYTHING POSITIVE LIFE HAS TO OFFER, BUT NOW I'M DOWN UNHAPPY WITH MY LIFE, MY GRANDMA WHO RAISED ME RECENTLY DIED AND OUR FAMILY WAS NOT TO CLOSE, SO I WENT THRU HELL GROWING UP AND LEARNED ALOT WHICH MAKES ME A PROUD MOM. BUT I ALWAYS CHERISED MY INDEPENCE TO TAKE CARE OF MYSELF AND KIDS NO MATTER WHAT. HOWEVER I SLIPPED AND FEEL IN LOVE AND TRUSTED ALL TO HIM, FROM OUR 1ST SON HE WANTED TO ABOARD, THOU I WAS ALWAYS AGAINST, THANK GOD IT WAS TO LATE SO I THOUGHT, I WAS CONFUSED NOW BECAUSE THIS DECISION WASN'T JUST MINE AND HE SWORE IT WAS BECAUSE HE WANTED TO MAKE SURE HE WAS ABLE TO TAKE CARE OF US, WELL 3 ABORTIONS LATER, NO MARRIAGE IN WHICH I BEGGED FOR. AND BECAUSE I FELT SO HURT I PICKED UP AND MOVED BACK TO CHI WITH GRANNY THINGKING THATS WHERE I'M SUPPOSE TO BE, BUT IS WAS THE SAME CRACKHEADS AND ALL I COULDN'T DO IT, SO I LEFT W KIDS DAD NOW HERE IN INDIANA, NO OPPS, VIOLENCE AND POOR SCHOOLS AND SEC 8 ..I BEEN TRYING TO MOVE THEY CANT PAY HERE OR THERE. I WANT 2 GET OFF BUT NO GOOD DAYCARE FOR THE 2 &3 YR OLDS I HAVE NOW. SO NOW I'M DEPENDENT ON HIMAND I WANT TO BE FREE BUT I THINK HE LIKES IT, I KNOWS, I WANT TO B BACK IN MN TO PROSPER CAUSE THRERE IS NO I CAN TRUST. HOW DO I GET ON MY FEET? SINCERELY
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2007, 01:31 AM

47 posts, read 212,536 times
Tred lightly. Wishing you the best.

Old 10-17-2007, 07:38 AM

13 posts, read 59,417 times
I would maybe call around to different programs or check with human services to find housing help in Mn. Many woman are struggling in the same situation. Keep your head up! I wish you luck.

Old 10-20-2007, 04:35 PM

8 posts, read 59,674 times
I was able to use Resources for Childcare thru Ramsey County for daycare assistance while I got on my feet years ago. Try the Child Care Assistance Program 651-641-6640. And there are lots of other good social services that will help you with housing. Also, the Jeremiah House just opened in St Paul, they provide housing, daycare and schooling for single moms looking to get on their feet.

Old 11-23-2007, 08:09 PM

166 posts, read 581,429 times
Minnesota has an excellent welfare system, where you will be able to get health coverage for yourself and your four children, foodstamps, child care subsidy funding, and probably small cash benefits for the period of time it will take you to get on your feet. Child care subsidy funding is where the state pays a premium of your childrens daycare costs, and the daycare center charges you the difference each month.

All that being said, the welfare system is rough, and since you reside in Indiana you will need to have a plan. What are your job skills? The state workforce center can help you here, to help you stregthen your skills and sell them to employers.

My sincere advise is to work with the system in Indiana. If you truly want to get on the fastest path to independence for you and your children, work with the resources right in front of you. Find a very small, affordable apartment in another part of the state - near a city - and get yourself on the state health insurance program (medicaid or medicare, I'm not sure which) - and on food stamps and cash assistance. Apply for child care assistance through the same department of social services, apply for child support - even if you think you will never get it, this will help you to feel that you are doing everything in your power. Do you have a trusted friend that you could be a roommate with? Are there womens groups you can join, where you can meet people to help guide you when things get tough? Stay connected with positive forces - stay focused on the goal - INDEPENDENCE - set a deadline for yourself, say 18 months to be totally on your feet.

Good luck.

Old 11-24-2007, 10:52 PM

4,284 posts, read 14,901,853 times
Please don't feed the trolls; use the Report Post function instead.

Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul