Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 08:44 PM

77 posts, read 152,201 times

Advertisements

Ok, I found some at the Target on Lake St. near Cedar. Thanks for all the help. And it's good to see other AmeriCorps members on the forums!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2013, 09:42 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,199,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milesperhour View Post
I have food stamps because I am an AmeriCorps member. As an AmeriCorps member I work full time but make under minimum wage. Rather than a salary, I am paid a living stipend, which does not count as income where food stamps are concerned. Thus, all AmeriCorps members have food stamps to supplement their low income.

Beenhere4ever makes a good point about protein powder. I've known vegetarians to use it as a source of protein. I happen to be using it because I work out.

Thanks for your advice everyone. I haven't looked at Whole Foods yet. Everything the Wedge had was tiny and super expensive. The one I got from the St. Louis Park Target was huge and $20, and lasted me six months.
What a wonderful attitude. I applaud you. I had many opportunities to work with Ameri Corp volunteers after a flood we had in my town. I was also working in Disaster related services. I believe it was right after Ameri Corp was implemented by Clinton. What a wonderful group of hard working dedicated young people. I'm happy to know that the agency is alive and well, and you are a fine example. Good luck to you now and in your future. A Fan

For the increased knowledge of some of the "posters"
AmeriCorps.gov > AmeriCorps VISTA for Individuals VISTA Volunteers In Service To America
NationalService.gov > AmeriCorps

Last edited by JanND; 01-31-2013 at 09:52 AM.. Reason: added links

Old 01-31-2013, 10:11 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,282,830 times
They have protein power at Cub near us. 12.5 oz is $10.99.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul