Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2015, 04:16 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,744,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhopethismeeturstandard View Post
What do you guys think about Tom Barnard, the 92.5 KQRS morning shows host. He always seems upset to me, maybe that's why I'm mad all the time because I've been listening to him for like 6 years. I personally love the show and classic rock in general. What are you're guys thought's? And if he has a thread already I will gladly move my comments there.
He reminds me of David Letterman in that he was once fresh, witty & funny, but has become a crusty, angry old man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2015, 07:25 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,034,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
He reminds me of David Letterman in that he was once fresh, witty & funny, but has become a crusty, angry old man.
you forgot obese

(my photo; 2014 State Fair)
Attached Thumbnails
Tommy B-tommy-b.jpg  

Old 06-13-2015, 12:27 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,911,890 times
Man is he large now...he was never skinny, but has he bloated out.

Old 06-13-2015, 03:15 PM

298 posts, read 750,564 times
As Tom Barnard's KQ Morning Show ratings have fallen this past year, and KQRS-FM ratings have declined in their other dayparts as well, Tom has become increasingly short-tempered on the show to where he is almost mean to Terri Train.

There has been more blaming, on Tom's part, of his supporting cast members for the ratings dip. He didn't want longtime producer, Brian Zepp anymore, so he was moved to the 2-7 PM afternoon drive slot on KQ92. St Paul Pioneer Press Sports Columnist, Bob Sandsevere was relegated to an afternoon sports show before Superstar Mike Morris on "105 The Ticket" which was just cancelled when WGVZ-FM "The Ticket" fired all their local on-air talent last week due to their 0.3% rating for "105 FM The Ticket". Mike Gelfand is gone; Brad Blanks is gone. The supporting cast with all their recorded bits, along with skits and edgy banter are what have this show what it was for nearly 30-years.

Hopefully, the recent addition of Michelle Tafoya to the morning show and having John Lassman (The Chucker) returning to the station-this time as show producer will help turn the tide. I don't think Tom Barnard is motivated enough as he was before to do his homework and show prep necessary to make a creative morning drive show.

The Classic Rock demographics have aged out of the key 25-54 year-old key advertising demo's. KOOL 108 (KQQL-FM Anoka) has gone almost exclusively 80's now ditching the 1970's songs and as a result leapfrogged over KQRS-FM Golden Valley in the ratings. KZJK-FM St. Louis Park, 104.1 Jack-FM now plays many of the same songs KQ-92 does. Many of the same demo's who used to listen to Tom Barnard for sports now listen to "the Power Trip Morning Show" on The Fan Radio Network 100.3 KFXN-FM Minneapolis.

Old 06-13-2015, 03:38 PM

6,536 posts, read 7,118,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mn55110 View Post
As Tom Barnard's KQ Morning Show ratings have fallen this past year, and KQRS-FM ratings have declined in their other dayparts as well, Tom has become increasingly short-tempered on the show to where he is almost mean to Terri Train.

There has been more blaming, on Tom's part, of his supporting cast members for the ratings dip. He didn't want longtime producer, Brian Zepp anymore, so he was moved to the 2-7 PM afternoon drive slot on KQ92. St Paul Pioneer Press Sports Columnist, Bob Sandsevere was relegated to an afternoon sports show before Superstar Mike Morris on "105 The Ticket" which was just cancelled when WGVZ-FM "The Ticket" fired all their local on-air talent last week due to their 0.3% rating for "105 FM The Ticket". Mike Gelfand is gone; Brad Blanks is gone. The supporting cast with all their recorded bits, along with skits and edgy banter are what have this show what it was for nearly 30-years.

Hopefully, the recent addition of Michelle Tafoya to the morning show and having John Lassman (The Chucker) returning to the station-this time as show producer will help turn the tide. I don't think Tom Barnard is motivated enough as he was before to do his homework and show prep necessary to make a creative morning drive show.

The Classic Rock demographics have aged out of the key 25-54 year-old key advertising demo's. KOOL 108 (KQQL-FM Anoka) has gone almost exclusively 80's now ditching the 1970's songs and as a result leapfrogged over KQRS-FM Golden Valley in the ratings. KZJK-FM St. Louis Park, 104.1 Jack-FM now plays many of the same songs KQ-92 does. Many of the same demo's who used to listen to Tom Barnard for sports now listen to "the Power Trip Morning Show" on The Fan Radio Network 100.3 KFXN-FM Minneapolis.
I used to listen to the morning show each day (I'm in that key demographic), but now it's been replaced with iTunes on my ride to work, followed by KFAN all day. I felt terrible for Terri Train, and what she has to go through via Tom Barnyard, but what happened with Brad Blanks and Bob Sansevere? I like KFAN too much (even the non sports stories) to go back to KQRS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul