Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 04:39 PM

5,147 posts, read 7,444,950 times

Advertisements

I do think we have a nice share of Italian eating joints. We're no Chicago. I'd still go to Chicago for the BEST Italian, but that's a lot of fuss over a plate of food. Guy Fieri is Italian and like Donatelli's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2013, 11:11 AM

6,295 posts, read 11,013,066 times
I think I can offer a solution to the problem of finding good Italian Sausage and also pizza.

When I moved to Kansas City I tried eating the local fare but stopped because the local stores and manufacturers use MSG in their products. I could tell because I became flushed after eating most of the stuff. There is one local store and restaurant now called Cupini's run by a guy from Italy that makes authentic Italian Sausage and other products. So in essence, start calling up some local stores to see who carries Italian products made locally.

What I did to combat this problem was purchase my own small Pizza oven from a company in WI called Wisco. It will heat up to 675 degrees which is hot enough for NY Style and Greek. If you want to do New Haven style or Neapolitan you will need an over that heats around 800 degrees. Get a good pizza stone and buy good quality tomatoes online and sausage as well. I've done both. Penn Mac company in Pittsburgh has a lot of great stuff. I'm originally from Connecticut and also buy products from Palmieri Brothers online as well. Check Amazon for some good deals on products as well.

Old 07-14-2013, 05:08 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,717,506 times
Traditionally the Scandinavians, Germans, Jews & Blacks settled in Mpls, with the Italians, Irish & Mexicans settling in St Paul. Traveling W to E from Mpls along W 7th St you'll find Mancini's Char House Home, DeGidio's DeGidio's Restaurant & Bar ‹ Serving authentic Italian food to the St. Paul area since the 1930's & Cosetta's Cossetta Alimentari all on the N side of the street as well as other Italian-American bushiness's like Bonfe's Body Shop in the area as well.

On the East Side you have Morelli's Alimentari Morelli's, Yarusso Bros Yarusso-Bros. Italian Restaurant Romolo's Romolo's Restaurant - Home page

Many people will tell you the best Italian Restaurant in the Twin Cities (not traditional Italian, but modern & upscale) is PazzaLuna Pazzaluna Urban Italian Restaurant & Bar - Downtown St. Paul, MN - Pazzaluna across from the St Paul Hotel (Near W 7th & Cosetta's)

Hope this helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul