U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2013, 08:19 PM

28 posts, read 50,490 times

Advertisements

Hello,

Does anyone have any information or personal experience with Roseville schools? How is the quality? Are any known for being "rough?" Are there any important things to know about?

Thank you.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2013, 11:11 AM

4,176 posts, read 4,226,828 times
Most of the parents I've talked to have really liked the schools, and were satisfied with the quality. There is a K-8 school (Parkview) that has very high test scores. Our daughter went to ECFE there for three years and we loved it. I've heard good things about Falcon Heights Elementary. It sounds like Central Park Elementary is not very good, but I haven't heard anything like that about any other schools.

My guess is that you may not get a lot of positive comments on this board regarding Roseville schools. Take them with a grain of salt.

Old 08-05-2013, 02:58 PM

288 posts, read 618,922 times
I agree with Globe 199 on all fronts in the previous post. Some do look down at Roseville ISD #623 because they're not as wealthy as other area's in the metro. Others may also thumb their noses at the large numbers of Karen refugee's who have arrived in Roseville the past two years from Myanmar (Burma). Those of Karen nationality are very well behaved, friendly, but struggle with mastering English though. Karen are different from the Hmong whom also have large number in Roseville.

Parkview School at Dale Street and Ramsey County Road B (which you can see off of Hwy 36) is very good. The two elementary schools in the western portion of Roseville are excellent Brimhall Elementary on County road B west of Snelling Ave and east of Fairview is an excellent school with many parents being professors at the U of M, Bethel University and Northwestern College or downtown professionals. The same is true for Falcon Heights Elementary with a lot of college professors children and downtown professionals attend both schools and live in the western parts of Roseville zip code 55113 .

Emmitt D. Williams Elementary is another wonderful school in Dist #623, which the parents I know, love having their kids here at Williams Elementary in the 900 block of West County Road D in Shoreview MN 55126 between Lexington Avenue and Victoria Street; this in the northern portion of the district. Mostly business professionals students.

Schools in the eastern portions of Roseville, Little Canada and Maplewood which are part of the Roseville District #623 have changed as demographic and socio-economic shifts are occurring now. When my relatives attended Central Park Elementary, it was a very nice school. In the last 5-to-10 years as the criminal element has migrated north along Rice Street and Dale Street, gang members children are causing problems at Central Park. Little Canada Elementary has been rough for a number of years given Little Canada's large number of apartments such as Montreal Courts and a big transient population.

Edgerton Elementary is still a good school on the corner of 1929 Edgerton Street N.and Roselawn Avenue E in Maplewood, MN 55117 . Some parents I know are very concerned about the large number of students speaking English as a Second Language here and those numbers keep rising, particularly the increasing resources needed to teach English to these students.

Harambee Community Cultures and Environmental Sciences Elementary School at 30 East County Road B Maplewood , MN 55117 will be joining the Roseville Area School District beginning this autumn which is actually exciting news and will provide new opportunities district wide for students. Harambee Elementary was previously part of the East Metro Integration School District #6067 along with Crosswinds IB Arts and Sciences World School in Woodbury .

Old 08-05-2013, 04:27 PM

3,928 posts, read 3,646,866 times
I attended Falcon Heights Elementary, followed by the middle and high school, but I graduated 15 years ago. I don't know how its changed for better or worse. We did have an open enrollment in high school, so we seemed to get some worse kids from St Paul and maybe NE Mpls. I agree fully on everything the two people above me have said, along with the roots to why certain elementary schools are not doing as well. I own a house in the NW corner of Roseville now where I could throw a rock and hit New Brighton and St Anthony, but I'm in the Mounds View school district now for some odd reason.

Old 08-05-2013, 10:42 PM

28 posts, read 50,490 times
Thank you for the information, I appreciate it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul