Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 04:57 PM

1,971 posts, read 3,043,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
Then let's agree on something. The BRZ is a sweet looking car.
The BRZ is cool but it's a bad MN car. It really lets you know how bad the roads are up here, and I'm talking about in the summer. It was great in CA/AZ though. I'll have to get rid of it unless I move back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2013, 09:05 PM

26,406 posts, read 46,566,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzzz View Post
The BRZ is cool but it's a bad MN car. It really lets you know how bad the roads are up here, and I'm talking about in the summer. It was great in CA/AZ though. I'll have to get rid of it unless I move back.
I was at my local Subaru dealer and the ONLY vehicle in the showroom floor was the BRZ. Not surprising considering the time of year.

Old 01-01-2014, 06:12 AM

9,741 posts, read 11,159,142 times
Quote:
Great suspensions highlight are terrible roads. I understand what you are saying. When I take a test drive, I always try and find a typical road (not the ones the dealers tells you to drive on because they have less potholes and cracks).

That's another reason why I like bigger cars in MN. Longer cars and SUV's have more flex and absorb some of the road bruises better than shorter wheel base cars. Back in 2002 when I bought a truck, I searched for the most flex. It could not be had. So I got a Chevy Avalanche (not with the ugly plastic) and a more balanced front to backend weight distribution. Counter intuitively speaking, had a mushy suspension which was ideal for our MN roads.

Old 01-01-2014, 01:33 PM

906 posts, read 1,766,669 times
Quote:
That said, I too would prefer this Range Rover Evoque . Beautiful!
I have a RRE and it's the best car I've ever driven in snow (which includes a variety of FWD and AWD cars and SUVs). The combination of terrain response/AWD and winter tires makes it handle amazingly well in both icy and snowy conditions.

It also has the best interior I've seen in that price range.

Old 01-01-2014, 01:41 PM

9,741 posts, read 11,159,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus1ander View Post
I have a RRE and it's the best car I've ever driven in snow (which includes a variety of FWD and AWD cars and SUVs). The combination of terrain response/AWD and winter tires makes it handle amazingly well in both icy and snowy conditions.

It also has the best interior I've seen in that price range.
The Fit works better with snow tires.

Old 01-02-2014, 03:12 PM

464 posts, read 803,146 times
Quote:
The Fit works better with snow tires.
You didn't ask about an SUV with snow tires, either, buster.

Old 01-02-2014, 03:28 PM

464 posts, read 803,146 times
Quote:
I have a car and a SUV. The car (2012 Accord) stays in the garage when there is snow and I use the AWD. So yes, people have two vehicles and make decisions between what they drive in a snow storm.
Sure they do, but I was going off the assumption that someone who owned a Fit did so for budget reasons, and thus the other vehicle would be closer in price. Even an Accord is substantially more expensive than a Fit. But I suppose any combination of vehicles is possible.

Old 01-02-2014, 05:09 PM

651 posts, read 862,718 times
Alright, so you get 9" of snow and the fit cannot drive in it. this is what it looks like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWA6O0NpxmY

Old 01-02-2014, 07:29 PM

651 posts, read 862,718 times
Here is a video showing you what 4WD is capable of doing in colorado springs. Seems like they can get farther up the hill before they crash

20 Car Pile up on South Carefree and Powers Colorado Springs - Benny Hill - YouTube

Old 01-03-2014, 06:36 AM

3,769 posts, read 8,799,123 times
Quote:
I used to drive a RWD truck. They are the worst in winter. I've read plenty of car nonsense on this thread. I don't think I need to google for more.
We have a RWD truck (from when we lived in FL)- it can be loaded down as much as you like - it is not a good winter vehicle and we would not buy another RWD as long as it is needed for use in winter weather.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul