Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 07:15 PM

21 posts, read 83,080 times

Advertisements

Minneapolis is a great place to live, but I just couldn't take the cold anymore, so after 32 years, I left and now I live where it never snows (LA), which is all I've ever wanted.

Take a look at this pic. It was taken today during the MN blizzard and posted on the Star/trib website. It is what it's like in winter in Minnesota. It's such a MN pic. I know what this feels like exactly.

Attached Thumbnails
Here's why I'm glad I left MN-grocery-snow.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2007, 07:28 PM

2,507 posts, read 8,563,032 times
Los Angeles, where it neither snows, nor rains; nor where the ground stands still. I'll take my chances here.

Old 12-01-2007, 08:03 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,086,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silogram View Post
Minneapolis is a great place to live, but I just couldn't take the cold anymore, so after 32 years, I left and now I live where it never snows (LA), which is all I've ever wanted.

Take a look at this pic. It was taken today during the MN blizzard and posted on the Star/trib website. It is what it's like in winter in Minnesota. It's such a MN pic. I know what this feels like exactly.
I lived up there for almost 42 years, and that picture makes me homesick. I hope the snow is still around three weeks from now when our aircraft touches down in MSP! Actually, I hope there's a LOT more of it. That's just a dusting.

Old 12-01-2007, 08:16 PM

97 posts, read 326,742 times
the irony is that snow affect Minny LESS than most cities in America because we have the infrastructure to deal with it.

Old 12-02-2007, 04:46 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,308,820 times
I would hardly call what we had yesterday anything close to a blizzard. Everyone in my family was excited for the snow. Our kids will be outside all day playing in it!!!

Old 12-02-2007, 05:04 AM

751 posts, read 1,178,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silogram View Post

I can totally relate, this cold weather really stinks! Yesterday, I was home all day and sometimes and I wonder if the cold weather is starting to affect my mood negatively, all I wanted to do is lay in bed all day(truly a wasted day). Everytime I go to CA, it just seems like everything is much more alive, you see people sitting outside, people out roller skating, surfboards, etc.

Old 12-02-2007, 05:11 AM

987 posts, read 3,819,039 times
First of all, in that picture above, it's not even cold. The people aren't even wearing gloves. Can't be below 20F.

This is why I'll never leave. Me and the boy got our skis and went to the neighbors for hot chocolate and a snowball fight.

You know the saying... when life gives you lemons...

Old 12-02-2007, 08:16 AM

370 posts, read 903,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuan View Post
First of all, in that picture above, it's not even cold. The people aren't even wearing gloves. Can't be below 20F.

This is why I'll never leave. Me and the boy got our skis and went to the neighbors for hot chocolate and a snowball fight.

You know the saying... when life gives you lemons...
That's a great picture Kuan. Warm weather is nice, but there's a lot to be said for quality of life.

Old 12-02-2007, 08:43 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
Cold and snow come with the territory. This is our 3rd winter in MN and I can truthfully say it has not been bad at all. We moved here from the Jersey shore and there when it's 35+ and high humidity it is much colder than here. Also my knees are basically pain free out here.

Also, a 1"snowfall in NJ left it crippled, schools closed,etc. Minnesotans are like the old Postal Service slogan-"neither rain, hail, sleet or snow,etc".

Old 12-02-2007, 09:22 AM

Location: Unlike most on CD, I'm not afraid to give my location: Milwaukee, WI.
1,789 posts, read 4,154,552 times
To each his own... I was born and raised in so. Calif. Incredibly boring. Both my wife and I enjoy the seasons, including winter and some snow/cold. And we are not youngsters... 49 and 52.
We liked the weather in Colorado, and also here in Wisconsin (except for summer humidity).
Yesterday we had snow and sleet most of the day, then it rained. I have some very heavy, wet crap to shovel this morning. What can you do? On the plus side, the cold and snow sure make it seem Christmas-like. Never got that feeling in L.A.
But I do understand how some people are very adversely impacted by cold or gloom. My Mom was like that, which is how she ended up in Calif from New York many moons ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul