Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2014, 05:36 AM

2,271 posts, read 2,650,987 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubsworth View Post
Yes.

Izzys and Sebastian joes are both overrated. Izzys in particular is a rip off.

Cow Bella gelato is much better than anything mentioned so far.
In your opinion. That's not a fact.

I didn't ask if anyone's ice cream was over-rated. They're ALL over-rated because it's a matter of personal preference and opinion. It's hype. For example, Cow Bella doesn't even make my list of Top 10 at all. But, that doesn't mean that their gelato is horrible.

I asked, "Can you go wrong with ice cream from anywhere?" The answer is no. No one has horrible or disgusting ice cream. It might not be your favorite but it's still ice cream and it's good.

That's also why I add disclaimers like "Personally," or "To me," or "In my opinion," when I talk about things like this. I don't make grand, sweeping statements as though they're facts when it's simply my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2014, 09:42 AM

109 posts, read 188,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plain and simple View Post

I asked, "Can you go wrong with ice cream from anywhere?" The answer is no. No one has horrible or disgusting ice cream. It might not be your favorite but it's still ice cream and it's good.
Well, that's also your opinion, to be fair. Even if something is good, it can be "not worth it" given the price. I would tend to agree with Chubsworth's opinion.

Old 07-19-2014, 05:12 PM

2,271 posts, read 2,650,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cielpur View Post
Well, that's also your opinion, to be fair.
That's exactly what I said in both posts.

Old 07-21-2014, 07:44 AM

1,258 posts, read 2,447,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubsworth View Post
Izzys and Sebastian joes are both overrated. Izzys in particular is a rip off.

Cow Bella gelato is much better than anything mentioned so far.
For me by far the best ice cream I've ever had in my life is Sebastian Joe's Oreo. Mix it with a scoop of their coffee ice cream and it's to die for. I have been to Izzy once (tried beer flavor) so I will withhold any judgement. Have never beet to Cow Bella.

Old 07-21-2014, 09:36 AM

1,971 posts, read 3,044,268 times
Of course you can "go wrong" with ice cream.

Especially at specialty shops with weird flavors.

I've not had the beer ice cream at Izzys but I've had Guiness ice cream elsewhere and it was vile.

Old 07-21-2014, 10:04 AM

391 posts, read 660,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzzz View Post
Of course you can "go wrong" with ice cream.

Especially at specialty shops with weird flavors.

I've not had the beer ice cream at Izzys but I've had Guiness ice cream elsewhere and it was vile.
Specialty flavors are tricky. I had the Summit oatmeal stout ice cream the last time I was at Izzy's, and I liked it, but I would imagine it's not for everyone. Similarly, I liked green tea ice cream the first time I had it (many years ago at a Japanese restaurant where I worked in college) but it really perplexed a lot of customers who tried it.

Old 07-21-2014, 10:45 AM

171 posts, read 195,580 times
Check out Cone Brothers Ice Cream in Richfield. They have the vintage bottles of soda and the place feels like a 50's ice cream shop.

Old 07-21-2014, 12:14 PM

2,578 posts, read 2,070,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bslette View Post
I've been to Selma's twice in the past 2 weeks. The ice cream is still great, don't worry.
Nice. Reports from the field get bonus points. Hoping to earn some myself there in the coming week.

Old 07-25-2014, 09:45 PM

104 posts, read 153,005 times
So I did try Izzy's and I won't be going back...Rocky Road there was flat and expensive..and that tiny scoop should have been free as a taste test.. I'd really been looking forward to it...spent a couple of days working out burning some calories to make room for Izzy's -I should not have bothered...I ended up throwing my little scoop away. Frightened I have retreated back to packed solid pints of Ben-n-Jerry's -I did pass a Sebastian Joe's today and was tempted but still to scared after Izzy's.

And I know no one will be offended by this post now that this board is now open to opinions and others' perspective. And if you are please don't be. Expectation leads opinions and trumps experience most times but not always.

Old 07-26-2014, 06:33 PM

145 posts, read 155,267 times
Nelson's, definitely. And make sure you share. The child's size gets stacked about a foot tall!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul