Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2014, 06:45 AM

3 posts, read 3,622 times

Advertisements

Hello, my husband and I are looking to move to the cities and bring our Natural Baby Care and Diaper Service to The Cities. We are drawn to the Minneapolis/St.Paul area because of the culture and my husband is a Minnesotan and wants to be back home. What areas would be good to look into that would be a great area to raise our growing family and be close to an area that would support our small business?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2014, 09:40 AM

1,365 posts, read 1,883,138 times
That sounds like a business that would be right at home in the Seward neighborhood of Minneapolis--although I wouldn't be surprised if there were already a dozen competitors doing the same thing there.

Old 08-07-2014, 05:11 PM

10,624 posts, read 26,724,400 times
There are so many different factors at play here. Your business is presumably going to need to be metro-wide, so your choice of a home location and choice of your business location don't necessarily need to be in the same neighborhood. That said, I love my kid-friendly, local-business supporting Uptown neighborhood!

Old 08-17-2014, 09:52 PM
cl4

36 posts, read 58,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StPaulGal View Post
That sounds like a business that would be right at home in the Seward neighborhood of Minneapolis--although I wouldn't be surprised if there were already a dozen competitors doing the same thing there.
Mmmm... I agree that Seward is full of those folks. I know lots of people in Seward, Powderhorn, Kingfield, and parts of Uptown who fit this model. We went to the Attachment Parenting open gym time in Powderhorn. We currently homeschool, etc... This isn't a population I would build your business on.

If I were planning a similar business, I would look at Uptown neighborhoods like East Isles and East Calhoun. Linden Hills, Fulton and whatever East Harriet is called would also be on my list. St Paul neighborhoods like Mac-Groveland and Highland park would also be of interest. Neighborhoods full of progressive folks who are more likely to have partially or fully opted out of the capitalist rat race are not likely to be the most financially rewarding. Dual income, high earners with similar values can form the more lucrative backbone of a business.

Old 08-18-2014, 07:38 AM

5,993 posts, read 10,181,497 times
Can you tell me more about your business, it sounds intriguing?

Old 08-18-2014, 08:10 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,034,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerrapinBaby View Post
Hello, my husband and I are looking to move to the cities and bring our Natural Baby Care and Diaper Service to The Cities. We are drawn to the Minneapolis/St.Paul area because of the culture and my husband is a Minnesotan and wants to be back home. What areas would be good to look into that would be a great area to raise our growing family and be close to an area that would support our small business?
I suggest a catchy slogan will help your business, how about...

Too pooped to party? Let us handle the load.

Old 08-18-2014, 09:56 AM

367 posts, read 544,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghengis View Post
i suggest a catchy slogan will help your business, how about...

too pooped to party? Let us handle the load.
lol!!!

Old 08-28-2014, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cl4 View Post
We went to the Attachment Parenting open gym time in Powderhorn.
The Attachment Parenting open gym time sounds like a blast. We will have to look into that! Thanks!

I appreciate your suggestions. Do you think those are good places for kids to live or are those more focused for the business?

Old 08-28-2014, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
I suggest a catchy slogan will help your business, how about...

Too pooped to party? Let us handle the load.

Brilliant! I might have to contract you to help us market wherever we land! lol!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul