Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2015, 11:55 PM

3,412 posts, read 5,104,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post
That's an insult to the civil rights movement. Those people were fighting for their God-given Constitutional rights to equality. As I've tried to explain to you, there is no Constitutional right to get high.
What were those unalienable rights in the Declaration of Independence? "Life, Liberty, and Pursuit of Happiness".

I believe smoking a harmless substance falls in the bolded category.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2015, 12:05 AM

44,593 posts, read 61,419,964 times
The Constitution says "certain unalienable rights" not un-equivocal inalienable rights. Which leaves it open to laws to interpret what is right or wrong.

Old 01-12-2015, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
The Constitution says "certain unalienable rights" not un-equivocal inalienable rights. Which leaves it open to laws to interpret what is right or wrong.
The full quote reads "...they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." Meaning that Life, Liberty, and pursuit of Happiness were in fact among those certain unalienable rights. I believe using harmless substances should be considered an aspect of liberty.

Old 01-12-2015, 04:33 AM

5,661 posts, read 3,511,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleverfield View Post
What were those unalienable rights in the Declaration of Independence? "Life, Liberty[], and Pursuit of Happiness".

I believe smoking a harmless substance falls in the bolded category.
You are joking right? OR Being sarcastic............
It appears you are in some serious denial.

Old 01-12-2015, 06:32 AM

5,833 posts, read 7,682,460 times
LOL! You guys are quoting the Declaration of Independence. This is the section where the Founders justify the break from Great Britain.

Your rights are guaranteed under the Constitution.

I guess they didn't have a very good history class at Carleton. Or maybe too much pot? Wit-nit and Clever indeed!

Last edited by Glenfield; 01-12-2015 at 06:50 AM..

Old 01-12-2015, 08:14 AM

Quote:
LOL! You guys are quoting the Declaration of Independence. This is the section where the Founders justify the break from Great Britain.

Your rights are guaranteed under the Constitution.

I guess they didn't have a very good history class at Carleton. Or maybe too much pot? Wit-nit and Clever indeed!
If you're going to hurl insults at someone, at least make sure you use the correct phrase, wit-nit . The principles that are presented in the Declaration of Independence represent the philosophy that our country was founded with, a philosophy that heavily influenced the laws that are in the constitution. Although drug use isn't specifically protected in the constitution, I believe that it falls in line with the principles of individual liberty and freedom that our founding fathers wanted to protect.

Old 01-12-2015, 08:36 AM

2,296 posts, read 3,116,542 times
I favor a drug testing policy like at a high end composit boat builder where I once worked.
I you had drugs they were to be tested by all who worked there. Christmas bonus was nice and green too.
If surf was up then the work ended at noon.

We were always motivated, had some awesome craftsmen and built some really cool all carbon boats,foils and other bits.
Those boats were expensive at the time but are still competitive 30+ years later.

Old 01-12-2015, 09:47 AM

Quote:
If you're going to hurl insults at someone, at least make sure you use the correct phrase, wit-nit . The principles that are presented in the Declaration of Independence represent the philosophy that our country was founded with, a philosophy that heavily influenced the laws that are in the constitution. Although drug use isn't specifically protected in the constitution, I believe that it falls in line with the principles of individual liberty and freedom that our founding fathers wanted to protect.
What insults? "wit-nit" is the screen name of the author of post #132. The rest of your post is as Ill informed as the first sentence. Your parents really should sue Carelton and try to get their money back.

Last edited by Glenfield; 01-12-2015 at 10:23 AM..

Old 01-12-2015, 09:58 AM

Quote:
"wit-nit" is the screen name of the author of post #132. The rest of your post is as ill-informed as the first sentence. Your parents really should sue Carelton and try to get their money back.
Also, if you're going to insult someone's education, make sure you spell the name of the college correctly.

Old 01-12-2015, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Also, if you're going to insult someone's education, make sure you spell the name of the college correctly.
Oh, wow. You caught a spelling error. That'll show me. In my defense though, it is a small and relatively obscure college.

Quick question, Cleverly: should heroin and methamphetamines be legalized? Briefly explain why or why not. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul