Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2014, 01:41 PM

3,412 posts, read 5,087,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzzzz View Post
Cleveland is a dump. What does that have to do with Minneapolis? Pretty sure people in Dallas love it there, and think Cleveland sucks. Why not spam their forum instead?
And you're basing that on what exactly? A picture you saw? The movie Major League? What? You constantly put Cleveland down in threads like "2nd Best city in the midwest", "2nd best skyline in the midwest," "best culture in the midwest". You think you're city is so much better than mine, but it's not. You know nothing about Cleveland, and yet you already have declared yourselves superior to her, based on some list you saw in some random magazine that "proves" Minneapolis is superior. A great example of why not to trust lists is that Parkscore site. It doesn't include Cleveland's 20,000 acre metropark system, which is one of the best in the country. It only includes city parks, in the city proper. That is just one example of how poorly researched these "feel good" lists are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2014, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mplsite View Post
Because minorities have it so great in Cleveland? It's not like race isn't always discussed in print and online as it relates to Minneapolis. Anyway, you're confusing "attitude" with "facts". In the Midwest, no other mid-size city can compare to Minneapolis. Choose a metric and Minneapolis will most likely come out on top by a wide margin. It's no wonder then that people who value these qualities that the city excels at are also the ones moving here to enjoy them. Minneapolis offers the most complete package of what a real city offers while being in the Midwest and not Chicago and simply stating that isn't snobbery. We're not impeding the citizens of other Midwestern mid-size cities to work together and do the same or better. That's a beef to take up with fellow citizens: Clevelanders, in your case, for not holding the same values and priorities.
Want metrics? Public transportation. Orchestra. Art Museum. Natural resources, (and yes, Parks). Dining options. Iconic institutions. Downtown architecture. All of those things are in fact areas in which Minneapolis cannot match up with Cleveland.

Old 11-15-2014, 01:53 PM

23,769 posts, read 28,872,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleverfield View Post
Want metrics? Public transportation. Orchestra. Art Museum. Natural resources, (and yes, Parks). Dining options. Iconic institutions. Downtown architecture. All of those things are in fact areas in which Minneapolis cannot match up with Cleveland.
you probably think you are promoting Cleveland but anyone reading your nonsense is surely to come to the conclusion that Cleveland is the land of idiots

Old 11-15-2014, 02:14 PM

871 posts, read 1,081,835 times
Quote:
You completely misjudge my motives. I don't hate Minneapolis itself, I hate the attitude people have adopted that it's the best thing since sliced bread, and no other mid-sized city can possibly compare to it, especially a "dump" like Cleveland. That ignorance, and dissing my city is actually what prompts me to want to bring your ego down a peg or 2. Also, I think it's worth bringing to your attention the apparent racism problems there that you all seem to ignore.
Actually, it is you who is missing the point.

The point is that you spend a huge amount of time in a negative pursuit. The attitude of some people here really doesn't impact you, yet you invest so much into it. That doesn't reflect on anyone but yourself. No matter what is, for you, the topic, it becomes overshadowed by your apparently obsessive need to go after it.

I hate hockey. Still, I don't spend my time in hockey forums arguing with people who think hockey is the greatest sport of all time. If I did, there would be something a little "off" with me. Given your track record here, you can have no impact because people will see you as someone who obsessively goes after the "Twin Cities superiority complex". Seriously, move on. Otherwise you're just a troll.

Old 11-15-2014, 02:16 PM

Quote:
\

Those aren't metrics.

Troll.

Old 11-15-2014, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedosius View Post
Actually, it is you who is missing the point.

The point is that you spend a huge amount of time in a negative pursuit. The attitude of some people here really doesn't impact you, yet you invest so much into it. That doesn't reflect on anyone but yourself. No matter what is, for you, the topic, it becomes overshadowed by your apparently obsessive need to go after it.

I hate hockey. Still, I don't spend my time in hockey forums arguing with people who think hockey is the greatest sport of all time. If I did, there would be something a little "off" with me. Given your track record here, you can have no impact because people will see you as someone who obsessively goes after the "Twin Cities superiority complex". Seriously, move on. Otherwise you're just a troll.
I consider it a positive pursuit, one that's for truth and honesty, and against prejudice and arrogance.

Old 11-15-2014, 02:22 PM

Quote:
I consider it a positive pursuit, one that's for truth and honesty, and against prejudice and arrogance.
Troll.

Old 11-15-2014, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedosius View Post
Troll.
Groot had a moment of wordy (albeit poorly thought out) expression, now he's back to saying "I am Groot". I like him better this way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXuwSvWbZ9k

Old 11-15-2014, 03:38 PM

1,349 posts, read 1,692,544 times
Why can't he just get banned? Makes every thread unreadable.

Old 11-15-2014, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr roboto View Post
Why can't he just get banned? Makes every thread unreadable.
Because I am civil in my posts, unlike most of the posters on the Minnesota subforum. I haven't made any personal attacks, used any foul language, or otherwise violated any of the TOS. All I've done is expressed my point of view. You guys don't like it, and rather than respond to my points, you simply resort to personal attacks. It's many of you guys that should be banned. This may be the MSP subforum, but it's not the MSP Cheerleaders Only subforum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul