Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2014, 02:36 PM

131 posts, read 182,595 times

Advertisements

I talk to many people in the Twin Cities. They hate snow and cold and the 8 months of bare trees but they love living in Minnesota. Why? Because they say it is the most civilized large metro area in America.

Yes, there are social problems but no as many as most larger metro areas. Generally I find the quality of the people to be better than nearly anyplace else in America. The typical person in the greater TC Metro area are:

Friendly
Hard Working
Educated
Good Neighbors
Good Drivers
Professional at work
Take care of their homes
Committed to working towards good government and schools
Moral, and considerate

There are other places with a high percentage of people who display these good traits but there are more of them as a percentage of the population in the Twin Cities than nearly any other place in America.

Do you agree?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2014, 03:01 PM

3,412 posts, read 5,121,352 times
If that's how you define civilization, I'll take my uncivilized land of hedonists. Sounds boring, like Leave it to Beaver, or Lake Wobegon, oh wait...

Old 11-12-2014, 03:58 PM

198 posts, read 259,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleverfield View Post
If that's how you define civilization, I'll take my uncivilized land of hedonists. Sounds boring, like Leave it to Beaver, or Lake Wobegon, oh wait...
Ha, don't worry! We all know you're inconsiderate. Better to live in an educated, safe, moral, considerate place then a trash city with over a 20% vacancy housing rate with some of the highest violent crime rates in the nation.

And to answer the OP's thread I will say that I agree. A lot of people associate the TCs as generic, boring suburbia. I think that may be the case with some of the outer suburbs, I'm more of an urban guy. But the inner core of the TCs is anything but boring.

Old 11-12-2014, 04:00 PM

1,774 posts, read 2,309,203 times
Underneath the thin veneer of civility lies 1000 years of repressed viking berserker rage.

Old 11-12-2014, 04:09 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,034,674 times
I'd prefer to see a list

Old 11-12-2014, 04:22 PM

6,512 posts, read 7,544,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
I'd prefer to see a list
Don't be snobby now.

Old 11-12-2014, 07:41 PM

214 posts, read 299,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleverfield View Post
If Cleveland is so great why do you bash MSP every chance you get. Enjoy your muggy Summers and damp crappy Winters.

Old 11-12-2014, 07:53 PM

214 posts, read 299,984 times
I think you are pretty much on point.

Overall MSP is a pretty safe metro. Murderapolis carries some street credit but overall the homicide rate has come down greatly since peaking in the 1990's.

The nightlife is decent not Vegas party hard good but good enough plus the theater and music scene is way better than I would have expected.

The Winters do suck but the Summers are mostly comfortable and the first half of Autumn is spectacular.

Most people are well educated and family focused.

The economy is strong on a national level. Skilled labor brings in good wages.

Housing is a bargain compared to the coasts.

Old 11-12-2014, 10:59 PM

416 posts, read 559,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzzzz View Post
Underneath the thin veneer of civility lies 1000 years of repressed viking berserker rage.
Hmmm, well then I guess it's a good thing new distilleries are opening left and right...

Old 11-12-2014, 11:01 PM

1,774 posts, read 2,309,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wushuliu View Post
Hmmm, well then I guess it's a good thing new distilleries are opening left and right...
It's not going to end well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul