Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2015, 01:15 AM

2 posts, read 1,972 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

I am moving from Beijing to Eagan in the coming few weeks and we will stay there for severl years. At this moment I have difficulty in deciding which area to search for houses. My company locates at the northern part of Eagan, west to 35E and south to 494. Ideally I would like to find a house that meet my requirement below:

1. Has a good school for my daughter that is 7 years old. By "good school" I mean a school that has both nice facilities and friendly teachers and classmates.
2. Close to a Chinese community so that it would be easier for my wife to make some new friends soon after we move over.
3. The traffic between the area and my office is good and shall take less than 30 minutes to commute.
4. The area is scenic and quiet, but still has easy access to shops, restaurants and theatres.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

regards,
Michael
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2015, 05:19 AM

442 posts, read 593,093 times
You might enjoy Apple Valley — good schools (both school districts 194 and 196) are excellent, quiet neighborhoods, and a short commute to Eagan. Plenty of shopping on that side of town as well.

As for your questions on Chinese communities, I would start by getting in touch with the Hospitality Center for Chinese in St. Paul — hcchinese.org

Best of luck. I think you'll find Minnesota is a wonderful place.

Old 03-19-2015, 12:30 AM

2 posts, read 1,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryaninMSP View Post
You might enjoy Apple Valley — good schools (both school districts 194 and 196) are excellent, quiet neighborhoods, and a short commute to Eagan. Plenty of shopping on that side of town as well.

As for your questions on Chinese communities, I would start by getting in touch with the Hospitality Center for Chinese in St. Paul — hcchinese.org

Best of luck. I think you'll find Minnesota is a wonderful place.
Thanks for the advice. I visited Eagan in last November and it is a beautiful place.

The information about Hospitality Center for Chinese is very helpful. I will visit their website and see what I find there.

A friend said that I might want to consider Edina, a city that is not too far away from Eagan, and is close to downtown Minneapolis. Is that a good option too? How is the traffic between Edina and Eagan during the rush hours?

Old 03-19-2015, 03:53 AM

442 posts, read 593,093 times
Traffic between Edina and Eagan at rush hour would be heavy along 494. However, even "heavy" traffic in Minnesota might be light compared to what you're used to.

Edina is a lovely community, and great schools. Housing is significantly more expensive than places like Apple Valley and Eagan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul