Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2015, 09:58 PM

3 posts, read 2,563 times

Advertisements

The area near the intersection of Franklin and Portland Av in south Minneapolis has been re-developed. I know in the past it was a rough area, but how safe ("quality of life") is this area now?

My family and I are considering moving into The Jourdain, Wellstone or Children's Village Center apartments. All 3 are right at that intersection. Our teen son and daughter will attend Hope Academy at 23rd and Chicago.

Does anyone know these apartments? How can I find dependable reviews online of the apartments? We move from overseas on August 1 and are trying to rent an apartment sight unseen. We would greatly appreciate any info at all. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2015, 09:21 AM

520 posts, read 775,800 times
I don't have any personal experience with the apartments or the neighborhood, but these are two good objective sources of information on crime in the area:

I believe the area you're referring to is considered part of Ventura Village on the following reports. If you scroll down, you will find the total crimes reported by neighborhood for all of 2014.

http://www.minneapolismn.gov/www/gro...s1p-136699.pdf

This is a great interactive map. You can zoom in and out, as well sort by specific date ranges, crimes, etc.

https://raidsonline.com/?rms=Minneap...nneapolis%20MN

Old 03-25-2015, 05:52 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,369,864 times
Those apartment buildings are probably fine but I would still describe that area to be gritty/rougher. I would live there if I was living alone but it wouldn't be at the top of my list for places to live for my family. Good luck with the move and welcome to Minneapolis!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul