Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2015, 01:02 PM

288 posts, read 344,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedosius View Post
"All the aforementioned positions I mentioned in Minneapolis are and have been filled predominately by women"

"last several mayors, the police chief, much of the police force, the CEO's.... "

Are currently AND have been predominately filled by women
last several mayors - false, previous mayor (two term) was RT Rybak
police chief - false- we've had 1 female police chief
much of the police force - wildly false, women make up about 15% of the police force
CEO's - you can't name one, can you? Women make up, again, roughly 15% of all CEO's

It is you who are acting ignorant, and your facts are wrong. I'll never understand the psychology of people who feel they have a right to spout nonsense here and not be challenged on it. Your biases and prejudices are not precious, they're not enlightening, and if someone pops your balloon they have more right to do that than you do to talk trash.
You didn't cite any truth or credible sources to support your statement.

The best states for women in America, in 11 maps and charts - The Washington Post

Minnesota is widely recognized for going overboard in it's feminist movement...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2015, 03:47 PM

871 posts, read 1,087,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowTune View Post
You didn't cite any truth or credible sources to support your statement.

The best states for women in America, in 11 maps and charts - The Washington Post

Minnesota is widely recognized for going overboard in it's feminist movement...
Why should I be held to a different standard than you? When you pony up the names of female CEO's in Minneapolis, or your facts and figures about the percentage of women on the police force, or really anything that backs up the central premeses of your original post you simply have no standing to demand I cite sources. In truth, you've got nothing, your facts are wrong, and you're simply operating out of your prejudicial point of view as if it were valid.

Old 08-25-2015, 04:14 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,597,105 times
Quote:
All the aforementioned positions I mentioned in Minneapolis are and have been filled predominately by women, that can't be a coincidence. Please don't act ignorant, it's being done intentionally per Minneapolis's whole feminist movement...
That's right, it's our diabolical plot, you have found us out!!!

You should probably start always wearing a tinfoil hat on your head so that we can't snatch you and "feminize" you against your will.

Oh no, I have just let slip one of the secrets of us feminist overlords!

Old 08-25-2015, 04:34 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,572,039 times
Quote:
Purposefully keeping women in positions of power and voting for them regardless of their qualifications... Sorry, I'll try to be more specific and spell things out more in the future for you...

This is nothing new. It's been done for men for over 100 years and still continues all over the country.

Old 08-25-2015, 06:47 PM

4,977 posts, read 5,763,878 times
Quote:
The last several mayors, the police chief, much of the police force, the CEO's.... I'm all for equal rights, but it just doesn't seem very equal in Minneapolis. Minneapolis doesn't have that much higher of a female population than any other metro, so the fact that women are the face of every in government has to be something that's being done on purpose.

For the African American males in this forum, how do you like living in Minneapolis? Does it seem as though you're afforded the same opportunities as other cities you've lived in?
Ummmmm.....

Mayor? Minneapolis' last mayor was RT Ryback, a male, last I checked. Sharon Sayles Belton was before him, but prior to that....all male. So 2 females out of 47.
St. Paul's Mayors - all male. Never been a female mayor there.
MN Governor - all male

CEOs - there is exactly ONE in the top 25 compensated CEOs as of 2014.

Minnesota's highest-paid CEOs for 2014

How many females do you see on that list? Not many.

So yeah, it DOESN'T seem very equal...there are FAR, FAR more males......

Old 08-25-2015, 09:10 PM

2,578 posts, read 2,067,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post

You should probably start always wearing a tinfoil hat on your head so that we can't snatch you and "feminize" you against your will.

Back to indoctrination camp for you, 601.

Old 08-25-2015, 09:13 PM

2,578 posts, read 2,067,004 times
Quote:
I'm all for equal rights,
I'm not so sure you are.

Old 08-25-2015, 10:27 PM

878 posts, read 1,206,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post

Nothing to add; just needed to ensure that your awesome comment got reposted so more people could see it. HI.larious (and I'm totally telling the overlords!)

Old 08-26-2015, 01:00 PM

275 posts, read 331,950 times
I don't understand why anyone would even have an issue with it. Male or female, someone's got to do the job, who cares what their gender is? As long as they're qualified it should be a nonissue.

Old 08-26-2015, 01:05 PM

275 posts, read 331,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinbrookNine View Post
Minneapolis has has emerged as a "little Frisco." Far lefties have taken over - years ago. My last visit there was downright scary. A white male "center" has no business there.
This place has always been far left...

Minnesota is one of the most prosperous states in the nation. It's called progress, and making progress is the only way to succeed. Wanting to stick to old ideals is foolish-- progress is what made the USA a great country, compared to others who have decided to stick to their old ways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul