Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2016, 04:16 PM

367 posts, read 539,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellysbelly View Post
Any suggestions for gluten free pizza worth eating anywhere in the Cities? I liked, but didn't love Punch and found Pizzeria Lola decent but not great-- and overpriced to boot. Pie Five in EP had great toppings but only a decent (not great) crust. Right now my favorite isn't a pizza at all, but a GF flatbread from Pasta Zola that has pizza-ish toppings.

And, yes, I know that gluten is what gives pizza crust that perfect chewy texture, but being gluten free isn't a choice on my part, it's a medical necessity-- so I'm not looking for perfection, just something that doesn't closely resemble cardboard. Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions!
I highly recommend Big River Pizza in St. Paul (in Lowertown). It's organic and has a gluten free option. It has become my new favorite for pizza in the Cities!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2016, 04:27 PM

902 posts, read 1,092,870 times
which one in MPLS has a NY style pie?

you know... thinner, crisp enough to fold with a dry non-soggy bottom

not cut into little squares but triangle slices

Old 02-11-2016, 04:48 PM

1,365 posts, read 1,873,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azsportpilot View Post

For pizza-by-the-slice that feels very NYC, I love Sal's on Fifth in downtown. I don't remember what it used to be called, but it was a real dive. Heavenly pizza, though! Now they've renovated so the space is more slick, but it's the same food. They half-bake up giant pies and then blast the slices in a hot oven to order.

Old 02-11-2016, 05:00 PM

902 posts, read 1,092,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StPaulGal View Post
For pizza-by-the-slice that feels very NYC, I love Sal's on Fifth in downtown. I don't remember what it used to be called, but it was a real dive. Heavenly pizza, though! Now they've renovated so the space is more slick, but it's the same food. They half-bake up giant pies and then blast the slices in a hot oven to order.
sounds perfect, thanks

http://salsonfifth.com/

Last edited by azsportpilot; 02-11-2016 at 05:18 PM..

Old 02-11-2016, 10:24 PM

3,710 posts, read 3,627,281 times
Quote:

Andreas downtown, I believe they have 3 locations

Old 02-12-2016, 07:19 AM

1,606 posts, read 3,326,902 times
Quote:

There's also Slice of New York Pizza on south Nicollet (Eat Street). They used to be on Hennepin downtown and My buddies and I often found our way there for a slice after a show at First Ave!

A Slice of New York: Minneapolis, MN (Order Online)

Old 02-13-2016, 11:33 AM

446 posts, read 704,802 times
Mario's?

My Pie?

Green Mill?

Old 02-14-2016, 08:09 PM

114 posts, read 73,503 times
This is a ridiculous answer, but I love Jet's Pizza...their 8 corner pizza - the crust is the bomb!

Hubby works in Brooklyn Center and says Scoreboard (in the dingy little strip mall) has the best pizza he's ever had... says it's something about the cheese they use.

Old 02-14-2016, 08:37 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,714,178 times
I'm a sucker for Chicago thin style pizza (saltine cracker type crust, usually cut into squares) & will make the trip back to my childhood neighborhood in Lynn-Lake for Dulano's.

Old 02-15-2016, 01:11 PM

1,068 posts, read 1,419,076 times
Pizzeria Lola (and their outpost Hello Pizza) and Cosetta's are probably my faves. Luce and Black Sheep are good too. Red's Savoy is good for the square Midwestern style. Crescent Moon is my favorite fusion take on pizza here and it's with an Afghan twist. Get the Afghan beef football pizza and extra green sauce: a great one-of-a-kind pizza.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul