Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2016, 10:59 PM

Location: Moved to Gladstone, MO in June 2022 and back to Minnesota in September 2022
2,072 posts, read 5,063,464 times

Advertisements

Checkers Looking To Expand Presence In Twin Cities
http://www.startribune.com/checkers-...ies/344025112/

I sure hope so! One just opened in St Francis, MN. There was one in West St Paul but closed a few years later The Brooklyn Center location (the one there was a shooting at and the only one in the Twin Cities) I usually go to on my days off work since it's open until 3am (I work overnights, 8:30pm-7:30am) and not a lot of food places open that late at night. It's seriously ghetto though but the food is much better then Mcdoanlds and after 1am theres not exactly lots of food places open and beggers can't be choosers, and like I said the food is good and cheap so it's so totally worth it and why I continue to go back constantly. And the line can be very long too, similar to Taco bell in the middle of the night. Nights when there are like 10 cars ahead of me. But so worth it!

I just hope this pans out and actually happens and doesn't just simply not happen and no explanation ever given, because remember in 2012 Hardees said they were planning on opening 59 locations in the Twin Cities within the next 5 years? Whatever happened to that? Nothing has been said since. Don't think any Hardees actually ever opened. Hardee's to open 59 new area restaurants. Is one near you? [MAP] | City Pages

Or the supposedly big expansion of Sonic Drive In (by Border foods, the people that own the Taco Bells in Minnesota and used to own the Pizza Huts) and we got like, only 5 or so of them, even though they were supposedly opening one every 60 days for the next 6 years? Bordering on Greatness - Franchise Times - November-December 2007 - FranchiseTimes.com

The brothers will open the first Sonic in Minnesota on May 15, 2008, then the second in August, then another unit every 60 days for six years. The restaurants will add as much as $70 million in revenue to Border’s business.

For those that haven't had Checkers or even heard of it, it's similar to Burger King, prices similar to Wendys and Burger King and Mcdonalds. Can also buy their fries in the grocery store or Walmart just like you can with Arby's curly fries.

Last edited by Radical_Car; 03-02-2016 at 11:12 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2016, 06:57 AM

1,349 posts, read 1,708,049 times
I work in franchising - those statements of how many units are going to be developed are always wildly inaccurate. They may reflect the wishes and goals of the franchisee or franchisor, but often they are rosy projections.

Plus a little something called the biggest recession since the 1930s happened right after that news story.

Old 03-03-2016, 08:26 AM

102 posts, read 116,698 times
The Twin Cities do have a shamefully low obesity rate compared to Tampa and the rest of the deep south. The arrival of fifty new Checkers franchises will surely help reverse this trend.

Old 03-03-2016, 09:45 AM

878 posts, read 1,207,746 times
I refuse to believe any of these articles until I physically see the restaurant open up; I'm still waiting for the multiple Dunkin' Donuts franchises that were supposed to arrive here before the end of 2015.

While I'm not a fan of chain food, I do love me some DD iced coffee.

Old 03-03-2016, 10:05 AM

810 posts, read 851,839 times
that number sounds really high to me. but I don't eat garbage food so I would go there even if some say it is better than McD.

I don't eat Sonic but I do admit they have tasty milk shakes :-) Far superior than MCDonalds milk shakes. We have a local fast food burger place called Burgerville and they have the greatest milk shakes. But it's been years since i have gone there.

Old 03-03-2016, 11:21 AM

Location: Moved to Gladstone, MO in June 2022 and back to Minnesota in September 2022
2,072 posts, read 5,063,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellysbelly View Post
I refuse to believe any of these articles until I physically see the restaurant open up; I'm still waiting for the multiple Dunkin' Donuts franchises that were supposed to arrive here before the end of 2015.

While I'm not a fan of chain food, I do love me some DD iced coffee.
24 more Dunkin’ Donuts shops planned for the Twin Cities area - BringMeTheNews.com

And at least we've gotten articles about how DD has been having trouble finding investors, holding meetings for potential investors, and other random updates and blah blah

That Hardees thing? Haven't heard a peep since. Have they actually opened ONE Hardees somewhere in the Twin Cities since 2012? I know St Cloud/Sartell got one sometime after the new Walmart Supercenter in Sartell opened but other then that....????

Old 03-03-2016, 01:35 PM

6,556 posts, read 7,136,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical_Car View Post
24 more Dunkin’ Donuts shops planned for the Twin Cities area - BringMeTheNews.com

And at least we've gotten articles about how DD has been having trouble finding investors, holding meetings for potential investors, and other random updates and blah blah

That Hardees thing? Haven't heard a peep since. Have they actually opened ONE Hardees somewhere in the Twin Cities since 2012? I know St Cloud/Sartell got one sometime after the new Walmart Supercenter in Sartell opened but other then that....????
Hardee's used to be everywhere here, then they all closed up shop many years ago other then one on 94 and Hamline in St Paul. Same with DD, they all disappeared years ago. I'm surprised a Tim Horton's hasn't opened up here with it being built around hockey.

Old 03-03-2016, 04:17 PM

810 posts, read 851,839 times
I like DD coffee :-)

Old 03-03-2016, 06:19 PM

168 posts, read 256,437 times
Checkers is a franchise. They may have been hyping this to try to get people to invest in a franchise. I have seen similar "we are going to open all these stores" press releases down here in Sioux Falls.

They had them in California when I lived there, I think they were the Rally's version, same chain. The food was better than Jack in a Box. That isn't saying much.

Old 03-03-2016, 08:24 PM

878 posts, read 1,207,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
Hardee's used to be everywhere here, then they all closed up shop many years ago other then one on 94 and Hamline in St Paul. Same with DD, they all disappeared years ago. I'm surprised a Tim Horton's hasn't opened up here with it being built around hockey.
YES to Tim Horton's; that would be even better than DD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul