Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 12:12 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,083,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickdoty View Post
This must be an all Caucasian thread........if you have never lived there, you have no right to give your "OPINION"
Yeah... People of other races never generalize.

Old 02-06-2008, 12:16 PM

370 posts, read 903,267 times
Quote:
This must be an all Caucasian thread........if you have never lived there, you have no right to give your "OPINION"
Careful, racism is a two way street. Whatever your culture, you're not immune.

And please, don't get sucked in by the troll.

Old 02-06-2008, 01:19 PM

1,669 posts, read 6,234,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenkeel View Post
When you say Northern Minneapolis has a bad reputation for crime, are you referring to : Vadnais,Gem Lake, North Oaks area ? What suburbs comprise of North Minneapolis....please advise
Minneapolis city proper. Not the suburbs. When people say North Minneapolis, they mean North Minneapolis, not the Northern Twin Cities Metro Area.

Old 02-06-2008, 01:22 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,598,043 times
North Minneapolis is the most dangerous part of MPLS. Plain and simple. Most of the violent crime happens up there. Is it the worst place in the USA? No. There are more dangerous places than NorthMPLS. However, the issue with crime needs to be solved(and this isn't just a Minneapolis problem either.).

Old 02-06-2008, 02:43 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,761,499 times
Quote:
i have met only kind and compassionate people who are only bitter because the white christian system has set up the world around them, and they don't get a chance to make a change.
Im pretty sure the black people who have been born into poverty and hopelessness that made a change in their lives pretty much cancel out your whole theory.

What the residents of North Minneapolis need to be bitter about is the 1% of the community that basically screws everything up for those who have been working hard for 20+ years to turn around the area.

Old 02-06-2008, 04:32 PM

1,935 posts, read 5,832,223 times
Below you'll find all Minneapolis neighborhoods sorted in order of the number of total serious crime offenses (robbery, agg assaults, burglary, larceny, auto theft, arson, and rape) for January of 2008 that came directly from MPD (highest to lowest). Contrary to popular belief and media perception, "Near North" neighborhoods aren't necessarily the most "crime-ridden"; I thought this was actually funny - all the press the my neighborhood got this month for the "spate" in high-profile crimes, and Victory made #32 on the list I believe (which is a lot higher than usual). Unfortunately I am unable to attach this list in its entirety (showing numbers of each individual crime for the month by neighborhood) but I'm sure you can find this somewhere on MPD's website - it was emailed to me by neighborhood asscn. i've also taken the liberty of notating all of the neighborhoods that are within the confines of north minneapolis.

Downtown West
Whittier
Jordan - North
Hawthorne- North
Central
Ventura Village
Cedar Riverside
Longfellow
Willard - Hay - North
Phillips West
Marcy Holmes
Lyndale
Elliot Park
Seward
Powderhorn Park
Corcoran
Steven's Square - Loring Heights
East Phillips
North Loop
King Field
Lowry Hill East
Midtown Phillips
Near - North - North
Folwell - North
Loring Park
McKinley - North
Webber - Camden - North
Hiawatha
Harrison - North
Prospect Park - East River Road
Diamond Lake
Victory - North
CARAG
Cleveland - North
Standish
Lowry Hill
Bryant
Sheridan
Wenonah
Holland
Linden Hills
Northrop
Shingle Creek - North
Windom Park
East Isles
Bottineau
Como
Downtown East
Lind - Bohanon - North
Logan Park
Sumner - Glenwood - North
Windom
Audubon Park
ECCO
Nicollet Island - East Bank
Tangletown
Waite Park
Bancroft
Ericsson
Field
Howe
Northeast Park
Page
Hale
Kenny
Mid - City Industrial
St. Anthony West
University of Minnesota
Armatage
Cooper
Keewaydin
Lynnhurst
Morris Park
St. Anthony East
East Harriet
Marshall Terrace
Regina
Bryn - Mawr
Fulton
Kenwood
Minnehaha
West Calhoun
Cedar - Isles - Dean
Columbia Park
Humboldt Industrial Area - North

Old 02-06-2008, 04:47 PM

310 posts, read 1,196,921 times
The only time I was in North Minneapolis area I had my windows smashed and my CD's stolen. EW

Old 02-06-2008, 05:16 PM

1,935 posts, read 5,832,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthwar View Post
The only time I was in North Minneapolis area I had my windows smashed and my CD's stolen. EW
Where was that at EW, and how did that happen?

Old 02-06-2008, 05:47 PM

310 posts, read 1,196,921 times
I was visiting a friend and spent the night. Next morning my truck was broke into. If I remember it was near Lowry. I delivered windows off of Maryland Ave. by St. Paul and often the windows would get stolen right out of the new apartments. The Apartments were next to the BCA building. EW

Old 02-06-2008, 07:33 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,371,609 times
Camden, to make the data more valuable you should only include residential neighborhoods and divide the total crimes by the estimated 2007 population of each neighborhood. With the information you're using it's pretty obvious dense neighborhoods like Whittier are going to top the list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul