Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2016, 03:22 PM

230 posts, read 258,938 times

Advertisements

That works... As long as there is something going on during the weekends... I can work with that. I plan on biking and I heard your parks and Amenities are supposedly really good.

What is up with your summers.. I heard it's like Florida hot and humid. None of this is a deal breaker but just curious
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2016, 03:24 PM

Street in Edina?

Old 10-21-2016, 03:59 PM

11 posts, read 15,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnj1215 View Post
What is up with your summers.. I heard it's like Florida hot and humid. None of this is a deal breaker but just curious
Coming from someone who has lived in Florida, NYC, and now Minneapolis... no, summers here are not anywhere close to FL hot and humid. This past summer there was a total of maybe 2 or 3 days that resembled a standard FL summer day. Honestly, NYC summers seemed to be more humid than Minneapolis, but that could be due to the stagnant (occasionally stinky) air in Manhattan.

Old 10-21-2016, 04:07 PM

Lol.. The apple can stink... Point taken so it's not as hot. Hmmm one last question..... Are the nosebleed seats for vikings and Timberwolves CHEAP.. I mean come on they haven't made the playoffs since garnett

Old 10-21-2016, 04:20 PM

11 posts, read 15,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnj1215 View Post
Lol.. The apple can stink... Point taken so it's not as hot. Hmmm one last question..... Are the nosebleed seats for vikings and Timberwolves CHEAP.. I mean come on they haven't made the playoffs since garnett
Timberwolves tickets last season were really cheap. Pretty sure you could find some upper deck tickets on Stubhub for less than $10 for some games... and once you were in the door you could sit pretty much wherever in the empty upper sections. That said, there's a bit more hype around the team for this upcoming season, so I'm not sure if they'll still be THAT cheap.

The Vikings? I doubt you can get in the door for under $100 a head.

Old 10-21-2016, 04:30 PM

Hmmm... Good enough in coming...to Minnesota. Get the governor on the horn.

That's where I will get licensure... Good thing too, cuse for a minute I had no idea where I was going. Yup the frozen tundra and some one please get me a hot dish... No lutefisk though

Old 10-21-2016, 05:05 PM

1,072 posts, read 2,917,025 times
I was reading some of your other posts and it looks like you are really trying to get away from the east coast. Were you just tired of the east coast or you just wanted something different?

Old 10-21-2016, 07:43 PM

Great Question... Well both actually it has always sucked here jersey sucks in general. If your not making money don't live in NJ. I lived in Philly. It's cool especially for basketball.. I had great wars in West Philly on the court. But after that I'm good

This is craazy but looking for a better class of people. Granted every place has *******s but here has higher percentage of *******s per capita here.. Douche bag continuum here. 13 dollars to get into Holland to get into NY... Like what the hell... People are leaving NJ too. Racist Immigrants are coming in. It's a mess here. Corrupt politicians.. One of the richest counties in the country and two of the poorest counties in the country too in the same state... Don't add up

Old 10-21-2016, 08:24 PM

I'm gonna put something on here that is controversial in nature. I Don't always think diversity is the best thing.

Old 10-23-2016, 07:40 PM

324 posts, read 877,254 times
I'm in the same boat. I'm a single black guy in my 30's going for my LPN to RN (bridge) and I'm seriously considering Minneapolis.

Before moving to the twin cities I thought I'd visit some other midwest areas to get a feel for the region.

I started off in Indianapolis and absolutely hated it !!!

Indianapolis is a very dirty, ghetto city. Places that should be beautiful have trash all over the ground, everyone is blasting loud obnoxious hip hop music, lots of loud obnoxious people in supermarkets and walmart...TONS of shady auto mechanics, extremely ignorant transplants from Chicago and Michigan, lots of petty theft !! I can not recommend any decent human being move to Indianapolis, not even the much praised Broad Ripple neighborhood.

I then moved to Sioux Falls, which was much cleaner and safer and far less ghetto than Indy, however all the women there are married with kids or they are single moms. Lots of damaged people with bizarre personalities, from rude to perpetually angry. I decided to move westward to Rapid City and then Spearfish, thats when life started getting a whole lot better !! The more West I moved the better the people and the landscape became. From South Dakota I decided to try Nebraska and Colorado. Fort Collins is amazing and I really enjoyed the people and the area.

I'm worried about having to go back to the Minnesota region because I'm afraid Minneapolis will be a combination of Indianapolis and Sioux Falls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul